Back/muscle pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, Ive just been told I have MCAS after my Dr discovered high histamine levels in my blood work.  I also have high mercury levels due to a seafood heavy diet.

I have muscular back pain that started suddenly...there is obvious inflammation.  My Dr. believes it is being caused by MCAS.  I also have suffered from depression and anxiety most of my life.

Do any of you also have back pain/muscle pain?  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Last year I also suffering from back pain, but now I am totally recover from it. I give you some tips to overcome from the problem. You must sleep on the floor or on hardy bed, it must be continued for a long time and also light activity is best, you also try to reduce swelling the injury place and also maintain the schedule prescribed by your doctor.
  • Posted

Hi, I have MCAD and back/hip/rib pain had me using a cane and almost bed ridden a year and a few months ago. I did find it let up on the right medicines and by avoiding triggers but when I flare again it comes back.
  • Posted

I have lower back and bilateral hip pain. My Rheumatologist says it's from the inflammatory arthritis. Most of my doctors have little knowledge of the Mast Cell Disorder. I have these nodules in those areas, deep under the skin that they say is inflammation. Whenever they begin to ache & burn, my back pain begins. It flares when triggered.

My triggers are overuse, extreme stress and any systemic illness, like a virus. Things that help minimize a bit of pain:

-Epsom Salt Bath Soak with tranquil music

-heating pads (2 large ones covering neck to bum) 15-20 mins.

-Lidocaine Patches

-Muscle Relaxers (very little help though)

-Warm Oil Massage

These only minimize the pain, so when it becomes unbearable, my Rheumy gives me Steriod Injections. Thankfully it works for now. Someone recently told me to switch to a firm pillow & mattress, I'm gonna give ot a try. Good luck and I hope you find relief soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.