Back to work (Tara)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi just wondering how your doing at work.  I'm going back to work March 30 starting at 4 hours the first 2 weeks, 6 hours the next 2 weeks and then 8 hours after this.  Hope all is good with you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I am doing ok this week I am back full time feeling ok this morning . Let you know Friday afternoon wish me luck. Good luck for tomorrow you will feel good about getting back into work it makes a difference enjoy it😊
    • Posted

Ok that's good Tara.  Good luck.   Just get your rest.  I'm sure you will be fine.  I'm starting back 12:30 - 4:30 first 2 weeks starting March 30.   Omg never been a morning person so not a bad shift.  I came down with a cough, fever etc a week ago sunday, on antibiotics, feel weak I think its the flu also.  Will be glad when this passes probably just on time for back to work.  Got absolutely nothing done here, not much I can do sick have to rest.  Little scarry though, stopped meds due to this waiting for a reply from the doctor as to whether I take meds this week or not and with infection can't take meds.  Take care
    • Posted

How did your first week go @ full time?  This flu/cough and cold has taken alot out of me, had this for 2 weeks, just hoping I pick up soon as I have to get back on cardio (so I have some energy) and hopefully weights soon.  Back to work for me tomorrow.  I will let you know how it goes.  Really tough to fight the fatigue of this illness but with me the sleep is the biggest problem.  I also have overactive bladder so I'm up fairly often at night going to the washroom.  Anyways, really trying to remain positive, will have to take 1 day at a time.  Take care
    • Posted

Hi there my first week full time went ok must stay I was feeling tried on Friday afternoon but I made it. We sound very similar fatigue and sleep are hard for me too sometimes I can not sleep till the early hours and then it's time to get up. But get up I do get up! I ve had a cough for about 2 weeks now getting down a bit seeing consultant on Tuesday at the Hammersmith and I am due to talk about lowering Prednislone thinking he may say no because of this cough😕. Any how try and stay positive at least you have crack at getting back to work all you can do is try and don't beat yourself up about it. Make sure you let you colleges know if you need to take five it may be a little over whelming at first. Most of all enjoy it. Good luck tomorrow 😊
    • Posted

Thanks Tara.  I have to take sleeping pills as 1 of the meds I took caused me to go into menopause (before my time) so on top of my already poor sleep pattern now I can't fall asleep.  Yes you have to get your sleep very important.  Maybe see your doctor about sleeping pills,I don't like them either I generally only take 1/2 a pill.  I haven't been on prednisone for a while, I'm taking methotrexate once a week.  Have you been on prednisone long?  I hope you feel better soon.  I got a fever etc and was on antibiotics 10 days, really upset my stomach, still have a dry cough.  This past Sunday 3 weeks since my cough first started.  Anyways, I have to stay active,otherwise no energy and my body so use to exercise for so many years.  Yes happy I'm well enough to go back to work but very tiring, and will be starting much earlier next week.  Thanks and I hope you feel better soon. Lots of people coughing at work, something has definitely been going around.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.