Back weakness

Posted , 2 users are following.

when out walking slowly, after 45/60 minutes my back becomes very weak to the point where I start to fall forward and totally lose my balance, luckily my wife has been with me and has managed to hold me up until the weakness gradually subsides, any one else experienced this and if so did you have it checked out and what was the diagnoses , this is really upsetting both my wife and I as I now have stopped going out, I am waiting for an xray but I would really appreciate it if some one could give me some advice, thank you.  James16105

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, James, my legs give way I have seen a physio and he said my back had weakened, I have a spinal cord stimulator in  my back from failed back surgery, I was told last week that my back has weakened and that I need to get into routine exercises to strengthen my back so I will have to see what happens  and be a good girl and do as I am told. You may need to do the same thing, good luck with your x.ray hope all goes well. Sorry, I can't be of more help.

• Posted

Hi Pain, thanks for your reply, I have been given back exercises to do but they don't seem to help that much, I think it's a nerve problem as most times when I stand up after sitting I get a very hot sensation  in the base of my back, it lasts for about 3 minutes , so, we will find out when I have the exray.  let me know if the exercises do you any good, James

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.