Big shout out

Posted , 4 users are following.

I want to give a big shout out to all you sarcoid chums out there.

I find it so supportive to read all your posts. Even though we're only connected by the web - your trials and triumphs really resonate with me. It means so much to know there are others who experience some of my symptoms and feelings, and gives me a lot more power when I go to speak to my doctors.

You're all fabulous, and I wish you all the best with your illnesses and in your lives!

Newton

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

And a Big Up to you too. Thanks for your words and Im sure we all echo your sentiments. Its a very exclusive club to join. We dont just accept anyone !!!!

Nicola

• Posted

Hi Newton

Welcome to the club. Keep us informed about your health issues.

Regards

Tangle

• Posted

Hi Newton,

thank you so much for your kind words and good wishes....and you're right. the way we support each other over here, even though we've never met, it's pretty amazing...all the best to you too, and I hope we'll all be sarcoid free one day smile

• Posted

Well I'm having a bad day today... Mushy head, achey shoulders, painful hands, tinnitus, cramp and generally crackered, you get the picture, and if I have to cough up one more chunk of gunge today I'll scream. Should have stayed in bed, but had to go to work, and I always secretly fear that if I ever do give in and spend a day in bed I might never get up again. Turned to the forum as I havent posted for a while and found lots of good advice and positive support. Sometimes forget what 'normal' used to feel like, but other days think I'm 90% better.

Love methotrexate, but miss Prosecco. Positive regard for painkillers, but scared of nsaids. Steroids were my guilty pleasure, but I'm trying to give them up. Love my rheumatologist, miss my (caffeinated) coffee.

Keep it up guys. "Look great, feel like s**t," as they say.

Best Wishes to all you out there with Sarcoid. smile Newton

(still feel like a newbie as I'm only 12 months into my career)

Respect to all you old-timers smile

• Posted

Well, mushy head is what I hate the most...especially that I'm a writer, and I need a clear mind to be able to write a coherent phrase. Sometimes, I feel like crying because I just cannot find the words I need (in my memory drawersmile )...However, we have to deal with all these symptoms, whether we like it or not. Newton, I pity you (and others) because you HAVE to go to work... I really don't understand why sarcoidosis is still considered a condition someone can cope with...when the opposite is actually true. There are days when I feel like I've been hit by a train...I just can't imagine how you can work when you feel like that...Anyways, best wishes to all of you! Don't lose your optimism as it's the only thing that keeps us going smile...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.