Black stools, 60mg of Lansoprazole

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just started today on a 60mg of Lansoprazole daily as experiencing black stools after a pretty nasty acid reflux where I coughed up black stringy bits. I have also a hiatus hernia and gastritis which was diagnosed around ten years ago, but I only found out from my GP today.

Will be referred as urgent to a gastric consultant. Has  anyone else experienced these symptoms and did the medication work.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I’ve never had any of these problems. Indeed I’ve never had any difficulties whilst on this medication but I’m struggling to come off it. I don’t want to be on any drugs long term.

Good luck

• Posted

I’m hoping the medication will ease my symptoms.
    • Posted

The medication didn't cause the symptoms was given it to hopefully treat it. 

• Posted

I coughed up black specs in my phlegm and it sent my anxiety through the roof, I’m on my 14th day of hell with reflux, 1 hour after I eat it’s unbearable. Did you find the cause of the black bits? 
    • Posted

Hi matthew96778

I have never suffered with black specks or any kind of phlegm whilst on the tablets. You need to check this out. Reflux is unbearable and I hope you get sorted by your doctors. Good luck

• Posted

I had a endescopy two days ago and awaiting the results of biopsies. They found duodentis, hiatis hernia and oesophagitis.

What worries  me is the  black stools that followed and lasted two days. I must have bleed somewhere inside and have no answers as yet. I had no pain at all.

• Posted

I’m on 30mg of Lansoprazole and like clockwork an hour later the burning starts, came out of nowhere and started on New Year’s Day, hope those results come back soon and go well 
    • Posted

I haven’t had a repeat of that episode but feeling very anxious waiting..
    • Posted

Apart from the findings at the endoscopy I haven’t had any results.  Was told anything serious then I would hear soon. I think now a week later they haven’t found anything serious in the biopsies.  Well convincing myself....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.