Blood types

Posted , 4 users are following.

Are there any blood types that would be vulnerable COVID 19 in children.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The doctors involved in fighting coronavirus are not talking so much anymore about blood types. I do remember reading about the possibility of different blood types as it relates to the virus, but they are still studying this virus because there’s more to learn. there’s nothing definite yet regarding blood types and vulnerability to this virus, whether it’s adults or children. I’m sure more information will slowly come out over time.all we can do right now is follow the precautions and stay as healthy as possible.

• Posted

I've read several times that supposedly type A blood is more susceptible to more severe cases of covid-19, while type O blood is not. I'm not sure how substantiated these claims are, though.

• Posted

They originally noticed that more people with blood type A were being hospitalised, but there are no proper conclusive scientific studies into this as it is so new. This was referring to adults as so few children have been hospitalised. The only thing we do know is most children who get it, don't suffer much, some don't get any symptoms at all.

• Posted

From what I've read there seem to be some slight differences between blood types, but really not enough to worry about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.