Blood Types and Coronavirus

Posted , 6 users are following.

According to one or more preliminary studies it has been noted that people with blood group A+ are more at risk of becoming infected with coronavirus as well as needing hospital treatment. Can anyone confirm this is the case, and what advice can you give to those of us that are Blood group A+?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

It's a very small difference, don't worry about it.

Even a small difference is scientifically interesting, I've read some long talk about it, and who knows it could lead to a treatment. But out in the real world it means very little.

• Edited

There are a number of risk factors, being male, being over the age of 65, being obese, being diabetic, having serious lung conditions, having heart problems, being diabetic, having a weak immune system, being around covid 19 patients a lot, being black or Asian, being a smoker and having blood type A. The advice is the same to everyone, keep your distance from others, only go out if you need to and be hygienic. Also take vitamin d to keep your immune system strong.

• Edited

Week 5 into Covid 19 with pneumonia and one week in Hospital with oxygen Blood A+, I asked the doctor and he said it's a combination between your blood type and your genes. My husband and son are 0+ and they got the virus from me, and didn't have an easy 2 weeks of recovery. My son's recovery was faster.

Boost your immune system, avoid stress and get enough sleep.

• Posted

According to my opinion: Boost your immune system, avoid stress and get enough sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.