Breast pain after VATS surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 2 weeks post op from having VATS surgery on right lung. All came out well- thankfully no cancer. However..in the last 4 days I have developed severe pain in right breast. I mean intense pain that has progressively gotten worse. Now it is painful even to the lightest touch. Post op pain meds are gone, but I had a few from a different procedure that I have been rationing out or I don’t know what I would have done. Using ice at night which helps but no relief in sight. I’m so very worried. My surgeon is 2 hours away and have played phone tag with his nurse practitioner for 2 days. I can’t take much more!  I’m afraid something has gone terribly wrong. I’ve receiced great advice here and hoping someone has has this dreadful experience and can offer some advice. I’m desperate!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Get yourself to the nearest emergency hospital! Your body is telling you that it is in big trouble! You may have an infection or whatever can happen after surgery. Get going your long term health may be in jeapordy if you don’t get professional help. Your dr has let you down and that is shameful!! Deal with this now Vickie and I sure hope all will turn out well. I am really sorry you are in so much pain. Fight for your well being!! 
    • Posted

Thank you. Things are continuing to decline. Tonight has not been good. I will be going to the ER tomorrow if no change.  I am so distraught.  This has not been a good year for me and now this. I’m generally very positive person but this has really got me down. Thanks for responding 
  • Posted

Hi Vickie, dealing with pain is just plain depressing, exhausting and scary. Don’t feel quilty for the feelings you are experiencing. Anyone who has faced constant pain understands what you are going thru. I am so happy you are going to the ER. Face this head on, you are fighting for your health! You can do this Vicky. Sending a bouquet of hugs your way. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.