Bronchoscopy what is it like how long will I take to recover

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi so got results of CT now going for a bronchoscopy next week, just wanted some advice whats it like? also will I be ok to work the next day? Thanks everyone ( I have no one to talk to about my Sarcoid )

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Claire,

I had a brochoscopy Friday evening. had mild discomfort and increased heart rate following the procedure so was admitted overnight for observation. Still feeling sore, but scheduled to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow. Think I should be okay. Good luck. Hope everything goes well.

• Posted

Hi Claire. It's usually a day procedure, and you'll be fine the next day. Usually give you a bit of a rest in the clinic/ward afterwards.

However, it isn't pleasant if , like me, you're daft enough to refuse the premed.My advice would be to take it- it's a muscle relaxant and mild tranquilliser and helps you not to gag while you try to swallow the bronchoscopy tube. I'm sure you'll be just fine- and you will get a better diagnosis out of it.

• Posted

Oh, and by the way, they usually let you have a look at a monitor to see what the camera is observing in your bronchi (if you want to!)
  • Posted

Hello Claire,

From my perspective, I was given a light general anesthetic, so I didn't know what it was like.

After the procedure, I had a mild sore throat and that was about it.

• Posted

Hi Claire.  Some discomfort - not much.  You will be fine to go to work.

What a pain this sarcoid is I too feel that no-one understands it.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi hi Claire,

as I recall, I was given something to knock me out, and there was no discomfort.

I do remember having a slight sore throat for several days.

probably best to take at least the next day offan extra day off and see how you feel.

Good Luck,

barb

• Posted

Hi Claire,

I was fine the next day. Mine didn't amount to anything. I hope yours goes just as well. Best of luck!

Deb

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.