Burning nose sensation.

Posted , 6 users are following.

In early March I suffered what seemed like Covid 19 symptoms, I experienced everything that could possibly be connected with the virus but no high temperature, the temperature has remained within the operating ceiling of 34.5-35.5, I feel better most of the time but I do have my days where even getting out of bed is a chore and lethargy a major problem, the one sensation that has remained is a constant burning effect of the nose and surrounding nasal tissue, (imagine if you will someone holding a ghost chilli pepper under your nose, nothing seems to alleviate the symptoms and I'm just wondering could this be a post viral long term problem, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you had a mild case. Ever got tested? Writing to say I had the same sensation, it would hurt to inhale through my nose, it felt spicy. I was positive, had no fever also, but I lost my sense of smell/taste and had major lethargy. All my COVID symptoms went away in about a month, once I got my sense of smell back the burning sensation seemed to disappear too. It's funny because my allergies to my cat were also gone while I was infected, it seems to really mess with the nasal passages for a lot of people. I hope it resolves for you, the best you can do is wait it out.

• Posted

I have a similar sensation but rather than burning, it feels like a stuffy nose without any congestion. Just a weird pressure-like feeling in my nose.

Also, loss of smell and taste.

It's really frustrating. How long does it take to return to normal??

• Posted

i also believe i had Covid in :March and had constant burning up my nose ,i have never experienced it before ,i also had a kind of tingling sensation around my lips early on , and the first time ever lost my sense of taste and smell ,also the tiredness and complete lethergy , did also have a cough but not a persistant dry cough nor did i have a high temperature

• Posted

i also believe i had Covid in :March and had constant burning up my nose ,i have never experienced it before ,i also had a kind of tingling sensation around my lips early on , and the first time ever lost my sense of taste and smell ,also the tiredness and complete lethergy , did also have a cough but not a persistant dry cough nor did i have a high temperature

• Posted

Hi,

I had a stuffy feeling in my nose but without any congestion. It just feels weird when I try deep breathing. Headaches too.

Also, loss of smell and taste.

It's incredibly frustrating tbh

I'm on day 7 and still waiting for it to return to normal.

Hopefully it'll get better soon for all of us!

• Posted

i also had burning nose and eyes in march. never had anything like it before. no temp or cough then 8/9 weeks of tiredness that would come on out of the blue making me go to bed to recover. weird pattern of normal days then out of no where exhausted feeling my son around that time had a bad red rash in his hands only for a few days though. did an antibody test last month which came back negative.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.