Calf Pain after cast removal. Is this normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

This is my first time posting here, I recently had surgery on my ankle to repair my tendons. Since then I was put in a cast for 2 weeks. Last week they took the cast off and placed me in a moonboot, still non weight bearing but it is a step in the right direction. It has now been 5 days since the change and I have been having severe pain in my calf since then. I've done what you are probably not supposed to do and looked online for the answer. I've seen that this can happen but it generally mentions that it will only occur for a few days. I am now on day 5 and feel like the pain is getting worse. Would anyone be able to tell me if this is normal or if this is something I need to go back to the surgeon about?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

oh how I despise those horrible moon boots. casts are better a pain itchy but necessary with a tendon injury. ligaments torn take much longer to heal than broken bones. its a slow process. in my case once the cast was removed, left a poor skinny weak leg and calf muscles barely there. i went to the local beaches and walked in the sand and over time , slowly helped regain calf muscle and movement . its a difficult healing process. time and patience cannot hurry healing.

sending healing blessings your way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.