Can a XXY Chromosome Male have a biological child??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dear All,

My Name is Abdullah Taha, 29 years old maried from 2 years,

problems started when I figured out that I had tumor next to the right testicle, and removed that tumor.

the second problem is that I had zero sperm.

I think that I have the XXY syndrome. I made the blood test for chromosomal analysis, but didn't get the result yet.

my question: is it possible to have a biological child from me or not. please provide you consultations


0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Sorry to read about your tumor. Abdulla, yes, you can still father biological children. You should wait until your test results come back before you make any assumtions about your reproductive health. IVF may be an option for your family also do have a think about becoming a foster or adoptive parents.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Yes an XXY man can have a biological child, usually not by normal means. However, just because you have a zero sperm count is no guarantee you're XXY.  XXY's usually have tiny testes (testicles) after puberty, which would be the strongest indication, not sperm count.  So if you have normally sized balls, you're probably not XXY.    
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Dear XXYGuy sorry that I didn't mention that I have small testicles and I am 198 cm tall, and I have  left breast tissue developed. Not to mention that I made the chromosomal analysis and I got the result yesterday, and it was XXY. I would like to know what are the means of getting a biological child thanks. Regards
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      First you need a  sperm count. Then you need a fertility specialist.  A woman also comes in handy.  You might need a biopsy of your testes if there are no viable sperm in your ejaculate?  You need to investigate Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), to see if it is available in your area, and to discover what it costs.  These days you can also elect to have yourself cloned, although your son will be an exact genetic copy of you, and also infertile. I'm sure your doctopr can advise you of all your options.  Good luck.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Abdullah,

    if your sperm count results come out zero there's still possibility of your testicles producing young immature spermatozoids. As Graeme suggested there's the Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection(ICSI) and there's a more novel technique called a Micro-Tese Surgery where the fertility doctor opens up your testicles and takes biopsies from your seminiferous tubules where sperms are made and mature in the epididymis. If you need this doctor's info, send me an email and I will provide it. He seems to have much success.

    Good Luck!


    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up