Can Nexium cause bloating, diahrear and Crohn diseases?

Posted , 3 users are following.

In the past I had been taking Nexium years ago and I developed Crohns dieases. I stopped taking it. I manage my CROHNs so well that I for nearly a year there was no attack. I recently have severe reflux. I take Nexium again from 40 mg now I reduce to 20mg per day. I started to have pain in the left side and yesterday I had cramps and diahrear. I have been taking Nexium for three months. I wonder if I should keep taking it or not. My reflux seemed gone but I worry it may bounce back. I eat yogurt everyday. The most uncomfortable is farting and also the gas in the stomatch. I also find that I have symptoms of Azheimer disease. Does Nexium cause Azheimer Disease.?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have never heard of PPIs causing Chron's disease. It can cause bloating, flatulence and diarrhea though. With regards to Alzheimer's disease, there have been studies looking into a link between the usage, but no evidence based proof as of yet.

• Posted

Having said that, if you are taking ppi tablets, you should take vitamin supplements because ppis can stop you absorbing important vitamins like b12 and D. Vitamin B12 deficiency I have heard can cause dementia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.