Can PPI withdrawal increase bile production - or is just normal acid rebound?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I quit esomeprazole a few months ago. In the beginning the rebound was horrible and I think there were bile in my stool. The acid levels aren't still normal but not as bad as during he first 3-8 weeks. 

What is weird s that some days th acid production stops (when ths occurred in the beginning it was always painful). The the acid levels increase again. And when the acid (and/or bile?) levels increase all of a sudden I feel hat my arms and thighs are burning or in pain. Last week the acid stopped for a ew days but this ime I didn't feel pain in my upper stomach or the firt time it happens.

I took Nexium again couple of days ago for three days and now I'm expieriencing strng acid rebound again. As soon as the acid levels increased I had to go to the toilet and there was bile again. Or is it bile o just acid?

Is this normal withdrawal or is my bile levels increased because of Nexium withdrawal? I don't trust the doctors so I'll ask here before I call one.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for the typos, I hope you understand my writings.
    • Posted

I do believe there is a connection in increased bile and ppi drugs. Often, food sits undigested and bile can remain in the stomach with undigested food. It was found in my stomach after ppi drugs as well through endoscopy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.