CBC Panel

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm not sure what happen to the other post I made. I really hope this goes through and someone can help....here is my latest bloodwork I had done:

WBC...17.66...(3.98-10.04)...H

RBC....5.07.....(3.93-5.22).....In Range

HGB...14.5......(11.2-15.7).....In Range

HCT....46.1......(34.1-44.9).....H

MCV...90.9......(79.4-94.8).....In Range

MCH...28.6... ..(25.6-32.2)....In Range

MCHC.31.5..... (32.2-35.5).....L

RDW....14.6..... (11.7-14.4).....H

Platelets..243..(182-369)....In Range

MPV.....12.6.....(9.4-12.3)....H

LYMPH%...18.6....(19.3-51.7).....L

MONO%.....5.7......(4.7-12.5)....In Range

NEUT#...74.3......(34.0-71.1).....H

EOS%.....0.7........(0.7-5.8).......In Range

BASO%....0.4....(0.1-1.2)....In Range

LYMPH#.....3.29.....(1.18-3.74)

MONO#...1.01.....(0.24-0.86)....H

NEUT#....13.12.....(1.56--6.13)...H

EOS#.....0.12.....(0.04-0.36).....In Range

BASO#...0.07....(0.01-0.08).....In Range

MANDIFF......No

IG#.....0.05......(0.0-0.2)....In Range

IG%......0.3.....(0.0-1.5)....In Range

So I tried making several appointments with her and she cancelled 3 of them because she said it wasn't time to see me. When no was first diagnosed she told me that once my HGB reached 15 she wanted to do a bone marrow biopsy. I know it's not at 15, but close and instead of holding off she wants me to get drained. I told her I was having joint and bone pain, swelling in the hands and feet along with burning sensation, I also have ringing in my ear( sometimes it sounds more like humming vibrations). She changed me from PV to secondary PV because I smoke, but yet I quit a year before I was diagnosed. I'm in the process of getting a new hemotologist. What do you guys think....im In the US so my #'s look different then overseas.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Leticia92303,

I am no expert but with your WBC and NEUT being on the high side I would suggest that you have some kind of mild infection. With RBC and HGB being in the normal range I doubt that you have PV, but it is worth keeping an eye on it, say twice a year. You may be surprised how high some peoples readings can get with no obvious symptoms.

If you start to lose a lot of weight and become continuously exhausted then the bone marrow biopsy is a good idea. If not and you have young solid bones then it is probably best avoided. I have just had my fifth BMB and, probably because I have myelofibrosis, my bones are tough and reluctant to give up the samples, which makes the process unpleasant. Unfortunately, number six may be just around the corner.

ItchyChris

• Posted

Ok so I was talking to a friend who is a nurse and works for a hemotologist. He said that he can see why my doctor placed me as secondary, but my secondary shouldn't be treated as a basic secondary. After looking at my history and today's episode I should be classified as secondary, but mointered as primary. I had thyroid cancer in n 2011 with 2x the amount of raidation allowed, and with new studies showing that with the type of certain raidations and amount it can lead to leukemia. I do have an autoimmune disorder that turned into cancer. So when I said with my history and today; so Saturday I took my girls to Sea World and we walked around of course, left early due to a rain out...got home went to bed, woke up with some swelling in my right foot. Well this morning woke up with right toe very enlarged and went to doctors to be told I have gout....I was put on colchicine...hope it works. Thank you for giving me feed back. I don't want to have a BMB, but I do want answers and not have my appointments cancelled like I don't matter. I'm in pain and want answers. I don't want pain pills that one I can't take because I have to drive and have kids to look after and don't want to be doped up.

• Posted

I forgot to mention my WBC has been high for over a year and no other health issues.
  • Posted

Leticia92303

I carefully avoided use of the L word as I did not want to add any more stress to other readers. However, my path has been from Polycythaemia Rubra Vera to JAK2 Polycythaemia to Myelofibrosis to Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Indeed, today is the first birthday of my new immune system. I admit that my experience is now a little out of date what with new genetic tests and drugs but I have been through the mill, come out of the other side and try to give a little support when possible.

I too try and avoid pain killers but gave in with what I thought was gout but the doctors said that the big toe joints were not sufficiently affected for gout, a condition which came and went over the years.

It is reassuring to know that I am not the only person to be messed about with when it comes to appointments. Two weeks ago I had 10:00 and 10:30 double appointments, arrived at 09:30 but did not get my 10:30 until 12:35! I get the feeling that sometimes arriving early is considered a bigger sin than arriving late.

Please allow me to repeat myself, if you start to lose a lot of weight and become continuously exhausted then insist on a BMB.

ItchyChris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.