chest pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

Just started taking these drugs.. Does anyone else have these symtoms. Wind, loose bowel movements. Pain in left side of chest under ribs. Pain around the heart area, general cramps in the stomach constantly. Am I Being treated with the correct drug?????? Please reply

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Guest

Just to reassure you, I have had all these symptoms (especially severe pain under rib cage). For me, they were all symptoms of Reflux Disease and IBS, the PPIs managed to ease these syptoms along with all the usual things like careful eating and exercise etc.

As long as your doctor has ruled out problems with your heart, gallstones etc (don't want to worry you, it probably isn't connected but still needs to be ruled out) - then carry on with the meds and listen to your body and if it's hurting - check out what you have eaten and perhaps eliminate it from your diet.

Good luck!

Suze smile

• Posted

Hi Its interesting

Past few days i have tried avoiding cheese, chocolate, bread, wheat as i seem to develop pain under the rib cage. Unfortunately i have run out of lansoprazole so cant single it out what the causes and effects are yet the pain is starting to develop and especially when i went to bed (hence didnt sleep much). Noticing even when i touched green tea and herbel remedies this doesnt help much.

Anyone have any tips on foods which helped them ?

p.s im a guy !

regards

• Posted

Hi

Manuka honey and red apples really helps! Not together unless that's your inclination.

I took either of them when i had eaten something that I could feel was beginning to burn up. The red apple acid seemed to neutralize the bad acid. Don't understand the science - just know it works for me and a lot of other people. I used to eat an apple after my evening meal and then take a spoonful of honey as I went to bed. It coats the oesophagus and helps with healing and digestion. It's expensive at £10 a jar, but I only had 3 jars last year and don't need anything now.

Keep a food diary, boring but useful. My triggers were bread, pasta, cheese, coffee, alcohol and very processed fatty rubbish. Flavoured crisps were a killer, especially the posh ones you get at xmas time!

Eat really simple, unspicy, unprocessed foods for a month and then re-introduce a few treats and see what happens. I have complete control over reflux now and can indulge in a takeaway and glass of wine as a treat without any reaction.

Every body is different - get to know yours and then you won't be hassled by reflux once you understand it.

hope it helps!

Suze smile

• Posted

Hi Suzy

Thank you for the tips, greatly appreciated ! SL

• Posted

Hi SL

You are welcome. Hope you find something that works for you!

Suze

:diva:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.