Chest pressure

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 39 year old male. I noticed last monday i had a dry cough (maybe 5-10) per day. then thursday nite i noticed i lost my smell/taste. i got tested on saturday, and got a positive result the past monday. so i am figuring i am anywhere from day 4-7 in. i got my taste and smell back on sunday. . i have no congestion. i never ran a fever. the only ongoing problem is pressure in my chest which i thought may be stress, or anxiety. it comes and goes throughout the day. i feel like its at its worst at bedtime. i talked to my doctor and she gave me an albuteral enhaler, and a rx of prednisone. has any one else had similar systems and how long did they last???

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi, Glad to hear you are having mild symptoms. The fact you never ran a fever and loss of smell came back that quick is a very good sign that your immune system is winning the battle. Sounds like your doctor gave you the right meds for the chest issue. If you were going to progress to worse symptoms I would think you would of at least had a fever. Fever is perhaps the #1 predictor of worse symptoms.

Are you on any vitamins or supps? If not I would start on D3 , Zinc & NAC (respiratory support) right away. Of course do your own research or ask your doctor about this but she should have no problem with these " known" vits & supps that data has shown to help with Covid. I posted the 4 pill cocktail that has helped me and several family members recover in another post.

Hope you get better soon.

• Posted

@carol41352

thanks for the feedback. i have been taking tylenol, vitamin d, and vitamin c as i was previously instructed. hope you and your family have a safe, healthy new year 😃

• Posted

Good to hear. Because of the importance wouldn't hurt to increase the D3 for a little while.

• Posted

Have you undergone any test? eg: ECG and/or X-ray. Cause I'am having the same pressure in my chest that gets worst at night. Is it somehow related to Heart Diseases?

• Posted

how long did you have chest pains, l'm also getting chest and upper back pains and seems to be worse at night

• Posted

Good day, I am having this problem. I Went to dr about 12 days after testing postive and showing symptoms of covid. Symptoms werent terrible, but now im having Chest pain shortness of breath difficulty breathing. I was put on Prednisone, Albutorol, Zpack and Benzonotate 4-5 days ago. Yesterday i felt decent with breathing issues off and on. Im not sure if its the prednisone or panic attacks or both with the worse breathing difficulties. How long did yalls symptoms last? did you heal fully?

jeff

• Posted

Good day, I am having this problem. I Went to dr about 12 days after testing postive and showing symptoms of covid. Symptoms werent terrible, but now im having Chest pain shortness of breath difficulty breathing. I was put on Prednisone, Albutorol, Zpack and Benzonotate 4-5 days ago. Yesterday i felt decent with breathing issues off and on. Im not sure if its the prednisone or panic attacks or both with the worse breathing difficulties. How long did yalls symptoms last? did you heal fully?

jeff

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.