Chronic neck pain - no answers

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m 21 years old and have been having neck pain for over a year now. It’s progressively gotten worse and worse, to the point that I’m bed ridden often. My doctor seems to think it’s fibromyalgia but I don’t agree since it’s only my neck (although my TMJ has worsened as well) it feels like my cartilage is disappearing. It grinds and crackles. I’m going to my doctor again today and wanted to know what other things it could possibly be, so I can bring them up with her

i also have hypothyroidism that im on medication for

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Request an MRI scan on your neck and see if the discs in your neck are ok.

Slipped discs in your neck could result in trapped nerves causing the pain your have described.

I'm speaking from experience,

Good luck

• Posted

Curious to see what the MRI results have shown. We have had great success treating patients suffering TMJ pain with MSC stem cell therapy. Should be worth looking into if traditional medicine has failed to provide the relief you are looking for!

• Posted

Hi,

I had the same problem two years ago and my GP thought it was Fibromyalgia, but after scanning, it turned out I had a cyst in my spinal cord (cervical) that is called Syringomyelia and also arthritis.

At 21 is way young to have Syringomyelia, I am not a doctor anyway, but you could ask your GP to send you for a neck MRI.

As with pain, I take painkillers, mostly Methocarbamol + Paracetamol or Co-dydramol (saying I have a stock of Tramadol as well, sometimes it gets very bad)

Hope that helped,

shiwen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.