Chronic Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been living with for the last few years with chronic pain. Its like my nerves are on fire. Partiualarly in my legs and hands As of right now the only thing that takes the pain away is tyenlol 3 but I worried about the effects of taking them everyday. If anyone has any idea's please let me know

Thanks

Amy

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like peripheral neuropathy to me, you probably need something like Pregabalin and Zamadol SR. In any case, ask your doctor for a referral to a Neurologist.
  • Posted

I hope you are not suffering from shingles.

Have you tried Gabapaintin? It may help you.

• Posted

Amy, you should really see your doctor. Please don't try to self-medicate without first seeing your doctor. There are many causes for nerve pain. There are other conditions that could also make you feel that it is your nerves on fire.
  • Posted

I have chronic pain from my neck down my back, arm and hands. I have had loss of movement and strength. I had to leave my job as I cant cope with the pain and stiffness in my arm , hands and fingers. This has been going on 2 years. I am on tramadol and gabapentin. This is affecting my whole life. I cant do the things I use to.. as either the pain or tiredness kicks in. Drs are not to helpful as they have no idea what is causing it. Had all the usual tests... just wondered how other people deal with it.. as I feel a bit alone... thanks for reading this ..
  • Posted

Oh Emsie, I really feel for you! Please don't feel you are alone. I have found just writing about my troubles has really helped. Do you have any ideas about what could be causing your pain?
  • Posted

Ah thanks for replying!! I have no idea why I get the pain.. I am trying anything and everything to manage the poain... its weird... this forum has been a real help! In a nice way its good to know there are other people in the same situation... x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.