Chronic pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with a chronic bladder condition about 6 years ago. I am in unbearable pain constantly Ive had many procedures and been on so many medications and the only ones that stop the pain are tramadol and naproxen. My dr called me the other day when I did my repeat prescription and told me the number of individual tablets I'd had over the past year whilst laughing... and said i need to accept i have a chronic pain condition. She has cancelled them as a repeat prescription and that is that. I feel deflated, I spend so much of my life in pain and this was the way I was able to function. I took a lot of consideration and weighed up the risks of a drug such as tramadol but the pros outweighed the cons for me, I have become dependent but it means I can still live and not be in constant, unmanageable pain. Now I am unable to get a prescription from my GP, I am at my wits end. Do I just live in pain? Some days life doesn't feel worth living with it. I've even considered buying it off one of those dodgy online sites. Just fed up 😦

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

ask our doctor for a referral for a pain clinic. they can treat or recommend various treatments catered to your condition . pain clinics can also prescribe medication for chronic pain. most primary care doc cannot constantly write rx for opiates. much of the medical system has rules they must follow on certain pain drugs...opiates...are required by law.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.