CHRONIC PAIN MANGEMENT

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 71 years of age , a long time user of Fentanyl patches (50) but still suffer from break through pain.

I have been advised that I may have " analgesic brain " as a reaction so I am keen to reduce Fentanyl dosage . The pain is due to a lot of brain surgery with tubes and stents in situ for a long time, but it is difficult to get advice if the pain is anelgesic based or the result of the surgery or a mix.

Will I be OK with Diclofenic patches on a need basis?

Thanks

John

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi John,

As far as I know, Diclofenic patches are essentially an anti-inflammatory, much stronger than ibuprofen and the like. If you do not have problems with NSAIDS, and don't have heart trouble or digestive issues, it might be worth a try. However, it's not really a break through med, and should not be taken long term. (IMO) I think sometimes doctors push us to take things that have worse long term side effects in order to "stay safe". I am sorry that you are suffering so much. I wish you luck, but be honest with your doctor, don't suffer for their hubris.

Sending you tons of good energy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.