Chronic Pain & Spinning Feeling!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hoping someone might have like symptoms or know where to go or what to do!  My niece is 17 years old about a year ago she started having a spinning sensations that came on every so often daily now is constant also developed abdominal pain now seemed to develop into chronic pain thru out her body, that when asked by doctors seems to be an 8 out of 10 scale.  She has been thru a battery of tests MRI 's X rays CT scans, inner ear , vertigo I know I'm forgetting allot more & all so far are negative which is good & frustrating at the same time.  In fact she had a gastric scope thru the throat which found nothing but after procedure caused her chronic pain to intensify .  She is prescribed pain killers and sent  for physical therapy for pain & balance but to no avail.

She has been to I believe 3 or 4 different doctors trying to diagnose also to no avail, also it seems because of her age she is bound to Children's Hospitals & can't see more adult facilities . Has anyone had any like symptoms, suggestions , input  or anything that might help!

Thanks so much

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hiya I understand were your coming from I've been in pain with my head and neck since last july had ct scan mri scans one showed a bulging disc had nerve conduction tests seen various consultants stroke doctors and now they are looking at my heart trying to say my stroke symptoms are fake how can they be I lost my speech last July and they put that down to migraine
  • Posted

I have problems with my balance giddy turns and blurring in my vision I just want a diagnosis been told I could have ms and so on
    • Posted

My Niece has also beened checked for Heart about every scan imaginable, they have told her also about migraines but she has no headaches, they basically told her it might go away on its own....I know Doctors are limited on their knowledge their not God...but its so frustrating for a 17 year old healthy girl to become so debilated.  I will pray for you too!

Thanks 

• Posted

Thank you I was fyne before my lumbar puncture quite out going and independent I'm not any more I'm on no meds for my migraine or my stroke symptoms and my pain is not kept under control docs are giving me no support
  • Posted

Hi, it sounds like you have gone thru a battery of testing. Anything diagnosed at this point is likely to be diagnosed by exclusion (meaning if it is not this or this it must be this) I encourage you to entertain the thoughts that come to my mind when I read what you have written. What else do you have to lose? I am an RN, and what you describe sounds likely to be a musculoskeletal problem. When you speak of balance issues and pain that is unexplained thru imaging, I think muscle imbalance aka upper and lower cross syndrome. Traditional Docs have never heard of it. I believe this will inflict an epidemic of pain on the younger population due to computer usage and too much sitting. This would require the help of a physical therapist but not just any physical therapist.  You need someone who is familiar with muscle Imbalance and mobilization techniques. I do not like chiropractors who do not incorporate strengthening in the plan of care because making someone hyper mobile without muscle tone to hold their adjustments is likely to cause returning pain if not more.. Another Dr who would be familiar with this is a PMR Dr , but they can be hard to find. Someone familiar with fascia release is also helpful. Also, once pain has been going on for quite some time, patients have difficulty with central sensitization. This is basically an overactive central nervous system. The body is interpreting things that used to be non-threatening as threatening. Depression makes it worse.There is a way to shut this off but she will need help. Also, changing ones diet to antiinflammatory diet could help greatly with pain. There is likely widespread inflammation going on in the body. Inflammation starts in the gut. If she drinks alcohol, sodas or smokes...it will keep inflammation going. I have had this problem, and it took a long time to figure out what was wrong. Nausea, dizzy, unsteady on my feet, Pain in my neck causing anxiety and much more. I literally thought I was going crazy But....I will tell you it can cause widespread body symptoms that are bizarre and can be incapacitating. It is nasty and restoring balance takes time. 
  • Posted

Hi, it sounds like you have gone thru a battery of testing. Anything diagnosed at this point is likely to be diagnosed by exclusion (meaning if it is not this or this it must be this) I encourage you to entertain the thoughts that come to my mind when I read what you have written. What else do you have to lose? I am an RN, and what you describe sounds likely to be a musculoskeletal problem. When you speak of balance issues and pain that is unexplained thru imaging, I think muscle imbalance aka upper and lower cross syndrome. Traditional Docs have never heard of it. I believe this will inflict an epidemic of pain on the younger population due to computer usage and too much sitting. This would require the help of a physical therapist but not just any physical therapist.  You need someone who is familiar with muscle Imbalance and mobilization techniques. I do not like chiropractors who do not incorporate strengthening in the plan of care because making someone hyper mobile without muscle tone to hold their adjustments is likely to cause returning pain if not more.. Another Dr who would be familiar with this is a PMR Dr , but they can be hard to find. Someone familiar with fascia release is also helpful. Also, once pain has been going on for quite some time, patients have difficulty with central sensitization. This is basically an overactive central nervous system. The body is interpreting things that used to be non-threatening as threatening. Depression makes it worse.There is a way to shut this off but she will need help. Also, changing ones diet to antiinflammatory diet could help greatly with pain. There is likely widespread inflammation going on in the body. Inflammation starts in the gut. If she drinks alcohol, sodas or smokes...it will keep inflammation going. I have had this problem, and it took a long time to figure out what was wrong. Nausea, dizzy, unsteady on my feet, Pain in my neck causing anxiety and much more. I literally thought I was going crazy But....I will tell you it can cause widespread body symptoms that are bizarre and can be incapacitating. It is nasty and restoring balance takes time. 
    • Posted

I thank you oh so much for the information we will certainly check into it wholeheartedly.  My niece was always on the move she was into 4H big time raising animals for show always doing something she certainly was no couch potato, it kills me to see her now, she tries so hard to keep moving & not get depressed.  She is on pain killers & their constantly changing trying to keep up with her pain.  The Doctors seem to be trying to address her symptoms but the cause seems to be eluding them.  She recently went on a trip and while on the trip she attempted to take a dip in a hot tub & it set her pain off the scale, we made her doctors aware hoping that itself might be helpful still waiting to hear any input from them on those symptoms agains Thanks so Much! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.