Chronic pain with no appearent cause... please help me

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello,

i am a young male and for months now ive been living in chronic widespread pain and discomfort. my doctor has run a battery of test for deficiencies, heart, lung, brain, and ct of my abdomen. i also get waves of dizziness when the pain is really bad.

im not really one of those guys that dont trust doctors but to is frustrating to just hear your pain is just musleskeletal... im only 25 and im pretty active and eat fairly well.

for 8 months ive had pain in my neck, shoulders, ribs, head, TMJ, back, hips, and stomach... sometimes just in one or 2 locations but sometimes like tonight i feel my whole body ache and its excruciating 😦

does anyone know what could cause all of this? my doctor ruled out MS and said im not a good candidate for fibromyalgia after doing the 18 point test... please help me i cant bare it anymore 😦

Tim

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear of your horrible situation. Have you seen a neurologist? I have been suffering post stroke central pain, which is horrific. Its possible to have small strokes without knowing, which can cause this pain. Maybe an MRI on the head would be useful. There is not much they can do, but it may give you answers.

• Posted

Yes i had an MRI on my brain and neck to look for MS a month back. all was clear

• Posted

I have a lot of the same issues as you so I started trying to research causes. one thing I learned is that if you have ever been on any Fluoriquinolone antibiotics that they affect 100% of every persons Mitrocondriol DNA, which is all your cell structure. the girl writing the article was on her 27th surgery in 7 years for things like a ripped Achilles tendons. I dont know if you've ever been on any of those antibiotics but if so that might be a factor with you. Also the gardisil vaccine has been known to cause issues like your describing as well.

• Posted

Since you have have been to the doctor and they cant really determin what the problem and ther is still no improvement why not try natural medicinal herbs it works like the morenga plant such as the leafs and the trunk reserch have shown that they are highly medicinal and can treat alot of desaeses

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Hi Tim, you have my sympathy because, like you, I am a whole-body pain sufferer too and have NO diagnosis on which any of the Consultants (or other health professionals) are able to agree.

Mine was caused by, or perhaps triggered by, a work accident. I slipped on a water leak as I exited the toilets and came very, very close to doing the splits. The pain was instant and all consuming and left me unable to work, on the first occasion for almost 6 months, and on the second for about 4 months.

The initial diagnosis was musculo-skeletal, focused on my hip joints. Treatment was doses of strong analgesics which to begin with did nothing whatever to diminish the level of pain. By the time my GP had escalated my medication to include Naproxen, Tramadol, Pre-Gabalin and Ibuprofen it did just trim it back just a little, but only when the pain-killers were at their most active in my system. Even then I had what I later discovered was called breakthrough pain, as the effects diminished.

In the early stages I was recommended to try a TENS machine. I bought one and with the help of physiotherapists tried to make it work. Despite their best efforts to locate the optimum positions for the pads and settings all it succeeded in doing was making me annoyed!

The pain consultant/s to whom I was referred some 3 or 4 years in dabbled with my dosages, and latterly put me onto a pain-management-course which was interesting. However, even though I persisted with their recommended action plan, nothing helped.

I have since been told that if pain persists for more than 6 months (or 3 depending on who is telling you), then you are unlikely to ever be pain-free. Really optimistic and helpful!

Given that my accident happened in 2006, I guess that they were right as I'm still in pain. That said, I have voluntarily stopped taking some of the medication/s which were originally prescribed, and suffered a commensurate overall increase in pain. In addition, I have several areas of breakthrough pain which I had not identified before.

Would I like to be pain-free? Of course I would. I understand that discussions are ongoing in the medical world about whether pain-killers actually do any good, and if perhaps efforts should be made to wean patients off them (all?).

I know that, at present, I could not cope without at least my present armoury of drugs, though were I to be offered a proven alternative method I'd try it tomorrow!

All the best in trying to find a solution for your condition/s.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.