Chronic rib/side pain?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and was just diagnosed with sarcoidosis in August. My question is has anyone experienced rib/side pain with this disease?

I'm not sure how long I've had sarcoidosis, but I've had left side pain for over 3 years now. It's a sharp/stabbing pain only on the left side when i make certain movements such as bending over and standing back up. It also is painful to the touch on the lower "floating" rib. I'm worried maybe my spleen or pancreas is enlarged, or it's something worse and unrelated to the sarcoid.

Any input would be appreciated!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My sister suffered pain in her left side associated with, what she thought to be a rib sticking out, when she moved her upper body in certain positions. I watched her suffer with it multiple times before and after her diagnosis. It was like she had to hold her breathe to get through it and the rib or whatever it was sticking out would lay flat again. She complained of pain in her side for several years.
  • Edited

Good afternoon , my nane is Di and I am 59 years old , I was diagnosed a year ago and am becoming sicker , I have this left rib pain like someone is slowly slicing inside and have arthrslgia , extreme breathless ness fatigue and have a few months before I can retire . I was a Coordinator Of Emergency room and got covid sbd got sick ....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.