Pain management clinic

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All

I got my first appointment for the pain management clinic. Has anyone been in the UK as i would like to know what to expect.

Thankyou

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hiya ive been to 2 pain management clinics the one gave me pain killers the other offered me facet injections there is also the pain management prog were you sit with others and discuss your pain I didn't fancy that myself
    • Posted

Thanks Joanne just want an alternative to the pills i am on feel like a zombie. Did you have the injections?
  • Posted

Hi Lisa, I go regularly to pain management clinic. I sit with my consultant and a nurse, and we just chat as to how I have been managing pain, and am offered either to carry on with my meds or change them if I don't think the ones I am taking are working and have also been offered injections in my back. I tried the injections but they didn't work for me. 
    • Posted

Thanks Cathy I am a bit apprehensive to have the injections. But need an alternative to the pills i am currently on. Causing me to have blurred vision and feel like a zombie all day.
    • Posted

Hiya lisa what meds are you currently on I've had 2 caudal epidurals was givin gabapentin at pain management didn't have the facet injections had enough of bein messed about with have you tried a tens machine
    • Posted

Hi Joanne i am currently on 150mg Amitrityline and Tramadol 2X50mg at night. The night is when my pain is at its worst. No i havent tried the tens machine can the pain clinic lend you one to see if it works? Whats The Gabapentin like just dont want that awful spaced out feeling

• Posted

I borrowed mine from the physio then my x hubby brought me one I take naproxen and tramadol it makes me really tired I've had diclafenic co codomal makes me feel nauseous gabapentin is pretty good
    • Posted

We're is your pain mine is in head and neck shoulder too I've arthritis in knee and digeneration of the disc and arthritis too
    • Posted

Thanks Joanne Co codamol doesnt even touch it. I will try anything that doesnt make me feel groggy. I am still trying to work on my feet all day and need to concentrate (hairdresser) Dont want to cut anyones ears off! Just finding it really tough going at the moment

Thanks for your help much appreciated

• Posted

sorry joanne didnt read your last question? my worst pain is in my back and right hip, bit of Arthritis  2 hernaited discs and something wrong with sacro illac joint.  Physio found that one. Also suffer with neck and collarbone pain all linked think my job doesnt help!  So having physio as well dont think its doing much good
    • Posted

I went once to physio and all I did was a few exercises and he did mention pain management clinic I think that's the way forward just sick of constant pain
    • Posted

I know I feel for you unless you've suffered chronic pain people don't understand how it gets you down. Stay strong Hun just make the most of the better days and allow yourself to relax and take time out when it's bad.. I get sick of myself moaning about it let alone my family putting up with me. So it's good to chat on here and know your not alone

Take care

• Posted

Morning Lisa,

Watch the Tramadol.I was on it after having a knee op.After several months I felt like a zombie ,too.This sounds ridiculous but I felt as though there was sand in my head, rattling around like a shaker.Was told by different doc to get off it, which I did. Also I have had Pain Management where I spent 3weeks in a clinic here in Australia, paid for by the Government, with 10 others....home at weekends.The course covered every aspect of life..twice a day we had to walk several km if we could.An excellent course and my neck and head pain  doesn't worry me like it did.Now it's the hip pain! I have had several injections in the bursa (hip) and it is better than it was...at least I can now walk! Go for ot!

• Posted

Hi Joanne, bloody hell no wonder you feel spaced out. That's a hell of a high dosage amitrityline, I take 50mg at night and tramadol one in a morning and one at night. At the moment I am having problems sleeping so been cutting a pill in half for the extra but that's not working, I have got restless legs syndrome too. I have often wondered what the Gabapentin was like too. X
    • Posted

Hiya Cathy your not supposed to cut pills in half apparently it reduces the strength I got in trouble in hospItal for that I was always getting in trouble one way or another trying to reduce my painkillers has they are no good for your internal organs but the pain is unbearable at times in my head and neck after my lumbar puncture from hell
    • Posted

Didn't know that Joanne, thanks for the info. I know they are not good long term but how are you supposed to cope with pain. I have been having hip problems now for four years, and now as a result have had my hip removed. They can't put another one in as there is nothing there to attach it to. It feels very wobbly at times, and therefore am now left disabled x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.