Swollen face

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone else got a swollen face from the steroids? Also have you noticed the veins splitting in your cheeks?I have been told that the face will go back down however the veins will not mend, I was told I could go for laser treatment?

Hope everyone is feeling ok this evening, I've been shopping from 10am till 3:30 pm so wrecked now, feels like I did a full days work lol don't know where I get the energy!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Amanda, yes, the moonface effect. All to do with fluid retention. It quickly drains away through frequent trips to the toilet as the tapering off sequence takes effect.

I was surprised to read about the veins though. I hadn't experienced anything to do with veins showing up just under the skin. Maybe that is more common with women.

• Posted

Hey zss,

Well my face swelled more or less straight away and I'm always in the bathroom Haha.

Yes the split veins on my cheeks started happening when my face was really bad and they never went. Maybe it is more common in women.

• Posted

My husbands face does get swollen when he's on steroids. I t does go down in time. Good to see you have so much energy.

• Posted

Hey Mrs.L386,

Sometimes I have the energy but to be honest I kind of have to have it what with work.and a young child. Lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.