Concerned about CBC numbers

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm pretty concerned with my recent CBC. I'm not sure if I'm sorting myself or not. I'm seeing a hemotologist in a month. I wasn't dehydrated nor do I have sleep apnea.

RBC - 5.79

Hemoglobin - 17.2

Hematocrit - 50.2

Platelet - 218

WBC - 7.8

I don't have any symptoms of anything. The only other issue was a vitamin D deficiency.

Should I be worried???

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi David,

I am a PV patient, not a doctor, this is just my opinion, your hematologist will give you a better pespective.

Ideally we would want the hemtocrit to be below 45, yours is a littler higher.

Do you have JAK2 tested ? ( this is a test of your gene mutation ). I am Richard Law  live in Houston

• Posted

I have not had my JAK2 tested yet. I do understand that is a big indicator of PV. I am only 29 years old. In every other aspect I'm healthy (knock on wood). My doctor didn't seem terribly concerned. Said that when could wait a while and retest. I didn't like that idea. I trying to speed things up as much as possible to see if there is something wrong. I am a natural worrier, and driving myself slightly crazy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.