Cough with acid reflux

Posted , 3 users are following.

I get a horrible dry cough with the acid reflux. This time it started about 2 months ago and dr has given me lanz. Anyone else suffer with a cough?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes I get it when acid playing up bad you will find it's a common affect from reflux also sore throats Gullet horse voice post nasal drip making a lot of mucus in throat the list goes on 

• Posted

Hi Gillian. Thanks for that info. I've had the cough for 7 weeks now. Been taking lanz but not much change. I'm fine during the night but constantly coughing in the day. It's getting me down now.

• Posted

I cough more  after eating I think it irritates the throat  and gullet 
    • Posted

My cough has got a bit better since I adjusted my diet - Yesterday I had boiled egg with one slice of bread with hardly any butter

?lunch was a crumpet with jam (I know not very healthy)

2 hours later I had a kiwi

dinner was a chicken breast with no skin and a big pile of spinach

Idrank water inbetween.

didn't cough till I went online to check my E mails and found a problem with one of them (it was the stress).

Hope this helps

• Posted

Hi Janet. I've read about changing diet. I've seen choc, cheese, tomato and tea can trigger it so have stopped eating choc and changed to decaf tea. Cut down on cheese and tomatoes. I was hoping that taking the meds for 2 months would sort it but no luck.

• Posted

decaf tea still makes me cough - I don't eat choc,  pizza (because of the cheese and tomato) anything fried - potatoes (even mashed make me cough) - even jelly babies make me sick -I felt like something sweet. I now eat kiwis which ive read help repair the lining of the stomach. I don't eat red meat just chicken with just one vegetable (this helps the portion amount). Ive had scrambled egg on toast for breakfast (made with soya milk) one kiwi about 2 hours later and ive just had a crumpet with butter and jam (not too much butter) and I'm fine - I'm not going to take ppis as I don't agree with them. I also cant eat cabbage which I read somewhere that it is supposed to help. I wish you well and hope you figure out what you can and cant eat.  Oh yes, and I cant eat lettuce for some reason. I also chew my food for ages - till its a paste so my stomach doesn't have to work too hard to digest it.

• Posted

Sorry I forgot - instead of decafe tea I drink water or camomile tea
  • Posted

yes I cough all the time and sometimes I'm sick 

• Posted

I cough from when I get up till I go to bed. It's like a constant irritation in my throat. I hear it's quite common...but totally annoying. I suffer with health anxiety so that makes it even worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.