Could I have covid?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Before I explain whats wrong I have a doctors apt scheduled for tomorrow and I am getting tested, I am just posting here because I am kind of impatient and want to hear opinions right now.

I am 22 (F), right now I am living at home with my mom and dad, and brother. My mom and I have been very good about not leaving the house unless needed, I have only been to work and occasionally out to a store for school supplies and I have had no issues.

My brother on the other hand, has been out partying and drinking and around so many people this summer, long story short, he got covid around 3 weeks ago. Fast forward a bit and he is released from isolation, but now my mom tested positive for covid, and the only explanation is from my brother, since she wasnt around anyone else.

Fast forward to now, and I am not feeling great. I do not have a fever but I started to get a small cough, I slept all day yesterday, and I have chills every once in a while.

Does this sound like I could possibly have covid? My brother was asymptomatic minus he couldnt taste or smell, and my mom is doing much better but she felt like she had a bad sinus infection/cold. I really dont want to have covid, but I havent been anywhere in the past 2 weeks (work told me to stay home and quarantine) so I dont know, covid doesnt seem out of the question...

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

it’s possible you could have it but really nobody can say for sure. The symptoms can range anywhere from zero to a mild cough to cough and fever and shortness of breath etc. everybody is different with regards to the symptoms even though we know that cough and fever are the most common ones .some people get extremely tired and weak but don’t have a cough others are very tired and have a fever.

So really all you can do at this point is get the test to find out. even if you have it, it doesn’t sound like you have a severe case. If you turn out to be positive, just remember to drink lots of fluids especially water to flush your system and stay hydrated.

i I hope you don’t have it but you are young and your immune system is most likely strong. Take care of yourself and your mom!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.