Covid-19 Immunity Question

Posted , 1 user is following.

So back in 2019 , it was just me and my mom at home. My brother was working out of town. Mom is a Nurse at a private hospital. So around june she contracted Swine Flu and 3 days after she started showing symptoms, i also started having the signs. We ended up going being treated accordingly since i believe the doctor did suspect it was Influenza H1N1 before we even got our test results but they did give us a serum of some sort. The symptoms instantly started to die down.

Getting to my question, my brother now currently with us at home was diagnosed with Covid 19 on Thursday so we have been social distancing accordingly at home and taking necessary precautions. But i feel that prior to his diagnosis, we were sort of in contact with him but me and my mom have not felt any symptoms at all as of yet. Hence why i ask, is it possible to have gained some sort of immunity to the Covid-19 symptoms after being treated for Influenza H1n1 Type A back in 2019?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.