Covid 19 loss of smell and taste

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi

I started with headaches a week ago, then on Sunday morning I woke up feeling absolutely exhausted and with a high temp. I had a dry cough for a day but now its subsided. But I have had a complete loss of taste and smell, and I mean completely! Has this happened to anyone else?

Im a nurse and able to get tested tomorrow. When I have the results I will post.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

My husband had no taste and smell whatsoever for 10 days.

I've had much worse for over 4 weeks now though so if that's all that happens be happy😂. Hope you also get no worse.

• Posted

Sarah, sounds like "it", hope it goes OK, as it seems to for most people, especially under age 65.

I remember the smell/taste disruption from the flu when I was a kid, it was expected.

What do you call a "high fever"?

Be well!

• Posted

hi hun i started off with pains in my chest then body aches then i started having pains in my glands in my neck and i lost taste and smell also ! did you get any chest pain ?

• Posted

Hi,

I'm not able to smell or taste anything either except sweet and salty tastes.

How long does this take to return to normal??

Any tips on what can I do for it?

Sorry for troubling you with this!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.