Covid 19- prolonged fever

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello , im a health professional. fever started 3.5 weeks ago, swab negative, got blood test done which are normal. no longer 38 fever for almost 7 days now but despite this week being my fourth week I still get 37.8 temperature spike( tympanic temperature) . do I still need to isolate? what temperature will be ideal for me to go out of my room. i never had cough or any other symptom. only fever

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That's really strange sfj I was thinking when I went to the hospital why do they keep going on about the tempature I have only had it a few times in the nearly 7 weeks also the cough I got was minimal I would say you probably want your tempature down a little it's going to be interesting when everyone goes back to work

• Posted

so your COVID-19 test was negative? You may be experiencing a different virus. That may be why you have a low-grade fever. you could still be contagious with whatever virus you have. Probably wait until it’s closer to 37 and when you are feeling better in general.

• Posted

hey that's really strange but you need boost your body immunity. So eat some healthy foods avoid red meaty foods. you maybe still contagious so try avoid close human contacts. you can go for another PCR test too. Please meed a doctor soon. here's tip , keep your mind clear, try some meditation method. mindfulness is the most important part of our health.

• Posted

hi, how are you feeling now? I have low grade fever on and off for last 2 and half weeks. I am on antibiotics now for last 3 days as I had little pain under chin and near ears and on phone consultation dr prescribed me Amoxicillin..now pain is gone but fever is still there comes and goes..I am even scared to check...I don't know what will be the next step after antibiotics...

Thanks x

• Posted

Hi SFJ;

Merry Christmas honey. You sound like me. My only symptoms are: (and I have not been tested as doctor said it was a sinus infection and I am on day 5 of antibiotics which don't seem to be working)

*Fever daily for 15 days. Fine in the morning and evening but spike in afternoon. Low-grade but a fever none-the-less

*Eyes are on FIRE most days

*Headaches some days

*Nasal passages are either clogged like concrete or running like a faucet

All my labs were fine but this relentless fever is concerning and keep thinking it's cancer so something else!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.