Covid-19 Rash and weird stomach 8 weeks after testing positive

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I was tested positive for Covid-19 8 weeks ago now. I had my illness pretty mildly. I never had a temp but felt feverish and i had a slight cough and upper back pain on and off for a few days, wanted to sleep a lot and general weakness. When my symptoms starting so did a strange Rash all over my stomach and a strange silent rumble which I couldn't tell if it was coming from the top of my stomach or my chest? I had diarrhoea in the 2nd week and the rumble disappeared for a week but has since come back. The rash has spread under my arms, groin area and lower back. Doctor said this probably was not Covid related but since it's been there since my symtoms started I beg to differ!! it's been there 8 weeks now!! has anyone else had similar symtoms for this long?

Many thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi!

i had the flu end of nov/dec and i came out in a rash like that all down my stomach, top of legs and arms went abit swollen. i went to out of hours who said it was a viral rash.

wether this was covid or not who knows but strange you had that too

• Posted

Very strange. I know a lot people who the had the covid symptoms in No /December including a few in my office. They want to antibody test as they are pretty sure they had it back then too! How long did your rash last?

• Posted

why were you tested and who done the test, was it the mild symptoms or were you advised to take a test

I do hope you recover fully take care

Kevin

• Posted

Hi Kevin. I work for the NHS and got tested because my son had a temperature. this lead our family to be self isolated for 2 weeks and I had to fill out a self isolation form to send to my employer (this was late March). My employer decided to get me tested. At this point I felt feverish and had a cold/sore throat (no temp) and the rash. I never expected it to come back positive as I didn't believe these were the symtoms because of the government's guidelines on symptoms! quiet scary really how people must be walking around without the main symptoms. Thanks anyway, most symtoms went after 2 weeks just got the rash still and rumbling stomach

• Posted

I'll just add that my son that had the temperature wasn't tested and neither was the rest of my family. I just have to assume they may have had it until we can get antibody test?

• Posted

Hey Kirstye... My symptoms started about 10 weeks ago. And one of the first symptoms was itchy skin on my upper chest, side of my neck and side of face. There were mild red rash-like patches in these areas. This symptom has come and gone over my time. I finally got tested yesterday so I can't say for sure if I actually had Corona, but all my other symptoms relapsing for so long match a lot of other people's on this forum...I'm pretty convinced. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

sounds exactly like mine. Mine started with larger patches and only 3 of them 3 weeks later i started with a pin prick type rash. The doctor has given me steroids and this has helped but the rash seems to be spreading to my back on week 8!

• Posted

Hi

I tested positive 6 weeks back and had it mildly. Now I am full of rash and it's spreading, stomach, back and chest. Doctor not sure if its related but sounds similar to yours. I also googled pityriasis Rosea - look it up! Hope you feel better

• Posted

Hi, this is what my GP thinks mine is. It started on my stomach late March when my covid symtoms started. The rash started middle chest area stomach and underarms and lasted a good 8 weeks, then started spreading around to my back and groin area. My GP said he thought it wasn't covid related? but I'm pretty sure it is. The rash is still here 2 months later but Eumoative cream seems to take it down a little. I don't like the idea that it has been there 2 months now but the doctor doesn't seem concerned? but then again everything has been done via email! if it helps to know, I was retested at 6 weeks and it came back negative x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.