Covid-19 Vaccinations

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am writing this to talk about COVID-19 vaccinations and why I think everyone should get vaccinated. Personally, I think it is just the responsible thing to do because it not only helps protect you but it also protects those around you. I think people should do it just to look out for their loved ones. Although I understand people do not agree and believe it is unsafe. That is what I am planning to discuss.

People’s fear of the vaccine- that being that it came out too fast and is unsafe- is very understandable; I’m not going to lie, I was very skeptical of it at the beginning. When it first became available to people, I was thinking the same thing I’m sure a lot of people were thinking, such as: how do we know this is safe? It came out way too fast, there is no way they were able to do enough tests on this, they don’t know what the long term effects of this could be. After reading many non-biased and trustworthy articles over the vaccine, I do now believe it is safe and I think everyone should be receiving it. First off, scientists have been working on creating a SARS-CoV vaccine for more than 50 years meaning they have existing data on the structure, genome, and life cycle of this type of virus. In order to create the vaccine for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), scientists only had to manipulate the S-protein of the SARS-CoV vaccine. Since time was a luxury the world could not afford, scientists all over the world came together to create the COVID-19 vaccine as quickly and safely as possible. Being able to all compare their research on SARS-CoV, made it easier for them to come up with a safe vaccine for that, therefore leading to creating the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine.

Since scientists have been able to do research and conduct testing SARS-CoV vaccines for the past many years, I believe it shows us that this COVID-19 vaccine actually did not come out too fast. It is the same virus as SARS-CoV, it just has a different S-protein strand which was easy for scientists to manipulate. I truly do believe this vaccine is safe and it is the only way we will be able to get past this. If you believe you’ll be fine if you get the virus because you’re young and healthy then think about others for a second. Sure, you may be fine and it may not affect you, but it will/has affect those around you. We have lost 5.2 million people worldwide to this disease. We need to do everything in our power to stop this disease, and that requires thinking of others before yourself and getting vaccinated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.