COVID 3rd time within 9 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone's had similar experience.

This is the third time I've fallen ill with Covid .( within 9 monts)

I have 2 vaccinations( Phizer, the most recent one received Sep 21)

The first time I got infected was February this year while being on holiday in Tenerife. I was actually climbing mount Teide ( over 3000m) ,and i was feeling quite out of breath but i was sure it is just reaction to high altitude. When i came back to the UK i developed fatigue and headaches.Covid test was positive. Same for my husband. Symptoms weren't too bad and i continued working ( from home)

In May we travelled to Peru and Chile. whilst being in Cusco( altitude 3400) i started to feel very light headed and out of breath. I was taken to the hospital and was diagnosed with altitude sickness, given oxygen and medicine.But didn't get much better. Covid test at rhat point was negative .Arrived in Chile and immediately fell ill with a cold .I had fever,cough, headaches and positive Covid. Once i recovered from that i got a stomach issues .I couldn't eat anything, felt nauseous, fatigued .Have not been feeling very well since then.Last week we went to Ireland to friend's wedding and decided to extend this trip to do some climbing which we love. Straight after the wedding i had noticed a little bit itchy throat which i blamed on AC , I had covid twice this year so didn't even consider it. And it wasn't anything big. so we climbed the highest mountain in Ireland( only over 1000m) Then it started to get worse.Developed sore throat, difficulty breathing, extreme fatigue ,runny nose and couldn't sleep .Once back home, did the Covid test which came back positive. This time i can't work or do any simple tasks.Even walking to the toilet is difficult.

My husband had negative test.

I'm 35 years old female. I'm not overweight ( I'm slightly underweight).

suffer from mild asthma,dust allergy. I do have anxiety and OCD also suffer from insomnia.

I have done some health checks and tests after the second COVID and they all came back ok.

But i feel that I'm getting weaker and keep catching viruses recently

Before Covid i have never had any viruses,colds or anything like it .

I understand that this is not a doctor's office, but maybe someone has had a similar experience?

thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I have also had covid three times, Dec 2020, May 2021 and Jan-Feb 2022, I have had a hard time with the last round too. I think the immune system is very weak after fighting off the virus that many times, I also had reactivated mono due to covid. My doctor says its a very powerful virus and time and rest. I hope you feel better soon

• Posted

I just read an article that said Repeatedly catching Covid-19 appears to increase the chances that a person will face new and sometimes lasting health problems after their infection, according to the first study on the health risks of reinfection.

It also referenced a study which found that people Repeatedly catching Covid-19 also had higher risks for lung and heart problems, fatigue, digestive and kidney disorders, diabetes and neurologic problems. I absolutely hate Covid!!!!!

• Edited

Be more careful,wear a mask around large groups of people indoors. Sounds like you aren't taking enough precautions. The more exposure you have,the more likely you are to get it. Too many people are letting their guard down. Also bring hand sanitizer back into the picture if you haven't already.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.