Covid fever

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have covid for two weeks now and this fever wont break . it seems to comeback at night time . anybody ekse having this experience or any tips on how i can break this fever ? any advice would be greatly appreciated . two weeks of fever and shottness of breathe but i got my smell and taste back

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I'm on day 11 now. Fever started on the first day, was about 37.5, then three days later went up to 38.3 and now it just stays around that. I started taking paracetamol every 4 hours and it goes down to 37.6. in the morning it's about 37.4 but goes up in the evening.

My GP and also a paramedic recommended taking paracetamol and drink plenty of water.

I don't know if I have bacterial infection as well but some people on this forum where saying that antibiotics didn't help them.

I just hope for the best and waiting..

Other symptoms I have:

Extreme fatigue, headache, pain in my face, eyes and ears, nausea, diarrhea, coughing. I can't breath in all the way, only half way. When I try to breath in deeply I start coughing badly. My cough is dry.

I'm in my 40s and otherwise healthy.

• Posted

you sound exactly the sane as me . this fever stays around 99.6 @ night time and i cant take deep breathes in . my oxygen saturaion is staying steady at 95/96 so thats my glimmer of hope

• Posted

On day 12 my fever went down! In the morning I was feeling bad as usual and then during the day I started feeling better and better. This morning fever is gone and I can feel the worst is over. My cough is horrendous but my oxigen level is normal even though sometimes I gasp.

You can take 1 to 2 paracetamol every 4 hours (but not more). Try to use wet towel on your forehead. Drink a lot, a lot of water. Also I used to stick my face out the window for a few minutes for fresh air and sunlight. I was also taking vitamins - C, D3, Zink and Magnesium.

If you don't have appetite, try to eat at least something. The body needs energy to fight this and water to flush it out.

You will get through this!

• Posted

omg I am so grateful there's something like this. I need to speak to actual covid sufferers bc all the information out there just scares me to death. how are you two feeling now? I'm on day 8 with the fever. I also have the dry cough that's really annoying. overall I feel pretty good tho I only have slight dizziness.

• Posted

hello PamBam37! I'm on Day 9, and still have this nasty dry cough. When I inhale deeply, I get this weird strong tickle in my throat area and then I need to cough it out. Is this how your cough is?

• Posted

Hi Pam and Bob,

I'm in the same boat, and very grateful to have found this forum. In addition to the symptoms you mentioned I also have slight nausea and dizziness/cloudiness in my head. I'm on roughly day 8-9 and my fever has been consistently around 100.5 +- 1 and tylenol doesn't seem to be bringing it down much. I'd love to hear an update on how you are both doing. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated and I feel for your struggles. For those it might help, Ive been doing breathing exercises coupled with guided meditation videos on youtube and this has helped both breathing and staying calm. I do these while in the proning positions (primarily on your stomach). Ive read a lot about the importance of laying on your stomach to improve oxygen levels and it has been helpful for me.

• Posted

I'm on day 4 fever. Fatigue, achy, chills. Joint and arm pain all since day 1. Now today, weird chest feeling, cannot take deep breath, cough, dizziness bad eye pain.... I just want to be over it!

• Posted

Have you been taking tylenol/ibuprofen? Also, have you been checking your oxygen levels?

• Posted

Hi guys! l am new here and l want to tell you my father experience. l am from Romania . He is in his 9th day of sympthoms. His permanent one was fever low grade in the the days 1-6. other symptoms were dizzynes, doesnt feel to eat and thats all. in the 6th day he was prescribed Dexamethazone for 4 days. The fever has been gone since the day he started it. he goes outside in the yard, moves himself but still no appetite. on the phone l hear him to be in a good condition... not perfect but ok. tomorrow is his last dose of dexamethazone and l hope fever doesnt come back anymore. anyoane of you has experience with this drug? is possible that the fever can return? his oxygen saturation is 96.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.