Covid positive with digestive system problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

My symptoms started 5 days ago with runny nose, headache and fever. I went for the covid test and it came positive. My doctor prescribed a few medicines and these symptoms have gotten better now, though I still feel weakness, loss of taste, lack of hunger and occasional nausea. So, I am still using the medicine. The worrisome part is that I have developed constipation. My GI tract also seems weakened to force anything out. I have not defecated for five days now. So I am only using liquids and juices now. My doctor has prescribed me duphalac (lactulose) which I have taken for two days now, but still nothing. Anyone with the same problem and some advice?

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi, I hope you are feeling better.i had covid.about 2 weeks ago. currently I have been constipated and right side underneath my.ribs there discomfort. will.make an appointment with.my doctor will let you know

• Posted

I had the pain/pressure under my ribs, and discovered it might be gas trapped. I took some tums, and the pressure/pain were definitely alleviated, after a few burps.

• Edited

hi nt sure if this cn help 34 male. I'm currently week 12 with lower GI problems lower R/L Q Bloating, i also constipation it hasnt mattered which lax i throw down the hatch nothing works. pain middle of back sides constant. headache on an off. tiredness omg feels like ive loaded up on mel a tone. Please understand i am fit an healthy now I'm honestly unable to leave the house only to attend doctors ive had CT scan of kid stones ulta sound of gal bladder a&e 5 times blood stool x rays always fine however my genral sense of feeling unwell is constant. i need to rule out other disorders ME ect i am going to attend colanic to clear out bowels this cud help. also colonoscopy in wait. GI is important i dont want any long lasting damage taking pro B , fruit changing diet these are the systoms ive been having the feeling is hell preying it will pass GI issues. swollen lymp nodes in throat. i never had a cough or cold mild fever only i lost my breath felt like i cudnt breath this was short lived the rest slowly gred came on. nasuea still on an off. again no fevers which is odd. i am due for a anti body test as theres so much faulse pos or goverment plisibo effects in place an there cud b something more sinister going on cost is ard 70 - 100 blood from vein thou wrks up to 6 months ill keep u posted on treatments. again hope we all get threw this ive read peoples threads an only hope this dosnt last long.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.