COVID Rebound after paxlovid

Posted , 1 user is following.

I just want to share my experience with COVID rebound (and just for reference I'm a 64 yr old male in otherwise good health) . After my initial positive covid home test I contacted my dr and was prescribed paxlovid all was well at first and I started getting better within a couple of days and tested negative about the third day of taking it. I continued to feel better until a few days after finishing the 5th day of paxlovid. Then I started feeling ill again with even worse symptoms including a mild fever for several days and sinus infection symptoms. I am right now at almost 3 weeks from my first onset of COVID and close to one week into the rebound and still COVID positive. So if I were to do it over I would probably NOT take paxlovid and maybe my immune system would have killed it the first time and I may not have had to go through it again. So just wondering if anyone else has gone through this and how long did it take to fully recover ?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.