COVID Rollercoaster for 6 weeks – Long Term – Could you share your Recovery Experience?? Any tips??

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’ve had COVID symptoms since August 10th with sinus congestion, chills and a fever. The fever went away in almost a week. Around August 18th I started getting shortness of breath, cough and pain in the chest. I went back to the doctor the end of August due to continued shortness of breath, lots of congestion and chest pain. A chest X-ray was taken at that time, and I had Covid Pneumonia. An EKG was performed and blood work was taken. The EKG was normal and my blood work was normal. The doctor advised me to do saline nasal rinses, take ibuprofen for pain, and monitor my oxygen with a pulse oximeter.

I had a follow up doctor’s appointment a week ago. I was prescribed antibiotics for my sinuses and they took another chest x-ray. The antibiotics have helped clear up my sinus congestion. The X-Ray showed no signs of Covid Pneumonia, but I still have a feeling of suffocation or a lump in my throat, chest pain, and I can barely sleep.

I’m now 6 weeks out and have lots of anxiety. If you have experienced long term issues, could you share your experience? What has helped? Timeline of recovery?

Ryan

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ryan,

such a big area to cover, so many different issues, I really sympathise with your condition

I've have been double jabbed and still had a nasty dose of c19 Having suffered prior to

this event, with CFS which seems to be the biggest threat from long covid to alter your lifestyle

completely to cope, suggest rest, no rigorous exersise , adjust to get yourself fit for work,

which could take months, I changed my job to working on a computer all day needed my son (17yrs)

to guide me through to a new trade, downsized house to steady the finances,

to anyone else I can't stress the importance of having a NHS pneumonia jab

mike

• Posted

Fully vaxed still contacted Covid three weeks ago..Received monoclonol shots three days after sysmptoms..No headache or fever..worse head cold ever..sneezing ..continual cough..loss of taste and smell..Had more energy early on..Went to gym this morning almost passed out so weak.Need to take nap during the day,..Resigned to the fact it could take some time to rid of this fatigue.

• Edited

Hi, I've had covid and long covid twice now. (I know, how horribly unlucky am I?!) I never recovered from post covid the first time! There's so many random, seemingly unrelated symptoms that accompany long covid. Some I've experienced are tinnitus, vertigo, depression, brain fog, word loss, muscle spasms/twitches, severe hair loss, post exertional fatigue, shortness of breath off and on, heart rate spikes, numbness and tingling in legs, horrible acne and skin rashes, allergic to quite a few things I previously wasn't allergic to. The list goes on. The difficult thing is it varies from day to day. Some days people will be perfectly fine including myself and then the next day be wiped out! They don't call it the corona-coaster for nothing!

There seems to be a few different mechanisms underlying long covid. Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor! I've just read a lot of the developing research. There's what is likely an overactivation of Th2 immunity which is the mast cell/allergy kind. The immune system seems to get stuck in a cytokine reaction that increases allergic responses. This can manifest as skin sensations/rashes and GI issues among other symptoms. There's those that experience more cardiovascular symptoms including POTS, and the whole range of bizarre sensory stuff. I had trouble with light and sound sensitivity. I've seen a Post Covid Infections Disease Doctor and he recommended antihistamines including H1 blockers (Zyrtec, Claritin, Benadryl, etc) and an H2 (Pepcid). I found a lot of relief with Zyrtec personally. Within 45 min of taking it the brain fog, depression, and weird neuro related symptoms lift. Others have sought out care with their cardiologist and have found help with beta blockers. Interestingly all my labs and chest x rays come out great. The doctor explained to me that they just don't yet have the tests to capture what post covid is doing physiologically. He did also recommend keeping exercise to a minimum and heart rate low for quite some time after. They are seeing a lot of young, healthy people with long covid and there's some theory that returning to exercise too quickly is exacerbating the condition. I hope you feel better. It's a test of patience. People are getting better but it can take some time to heal. Hang in there!

• Posted

i read you and is me , how you feeling at rhe moment ? getting better? please give me a hope

• Posted

Good day, I am having this problem. I Went to dr about 12 days after testing postive and showing symptoms of covid. Original Covid Symptoms werent terrible, but now im having Chest pain shortness of breath difficulty breathing. (actually tight chest almost the whole time, I had a chest xray and they said normal. I was put on Prednisone, Albutorol, Zpack and Benzonotate 4-5 days ago. Yesterday i felt decent with breathing issues off and on. Im not sure if its the prednisone or panic attacks or both with the worse breathing difficulties. How long did yalls symptoms last? did you heal fully?

jeff

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.