Covid Symptoms for 8 weeks...when does it end?!?!?!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I first became unwell on 03.05.20 with a cough long story short I am still unwell. There have been a few hospital visits but never kept in. I had a GN tube inserted near the start to drain a bubble in my stomach caused by a build up of lactic acid. I developed pneumonia and a slightly collapsed lung, had 2 courses of antibiotics and one of steroids and to be honest don't feel much further forward. Im still experiencing shortness of breathe, severe headaches, tightness/heaviness on my chest and tiredness like I've never felt before. Doctors keep telling me it's a waiting game and could take 6 weeks...I'm now 8 weeks down the line. I also get the good days/hours like some of you seem to be getting. Most of the time I am able to be out of bed but Im on a chair in the living room not doing much, haven't been out the house except appointments the whole time. During good spells I feel almost back to normal. Yesterday afteenoon I was feeling I could go back to work next week (thats when my sick line is due up) and then last night I was near phoning NHS24 due to my breathing and tightness in my chest being so bad again. It feels like a never ending cycle and am getting concerned I will be left with some long term issues. I don't seem to be getting much support/follow up from doctors unless I contact them about something feel a bit like I'm just left to it because I haven't been hospitalised. My appetite has been fine through out however eating is a hard task, I get very breathless during it and after. I know everyone is learning as we go with this but sometimes I get quite down with just being told it will take time just rest and just being left to it. Im so glad I've found people in similar situations x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.