COVID19 Neurological Symptoms

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi

It is Day 11 since i was diagnosed with COVID 19 . I was tested twice to confirm the diagnosis.

It started with GI symptoms, lack of appetite, lack of taste and smell, no fever, and thereafter i developed a sore throat and a mild couch, tiredness and extreme anxiety.

Since yesterday, i have neurological symptoms, visual disturbances, dizziness, headache in frontal part of the brain and tingling in my hands and feet. My fever has also gone up. I will appreciate if anyone can let me know if they have experienced similar symptoms and at what stage do you seek medical assistance for neurological symptoms.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

im not a doctor but if you gave another fever with more symptoms I suggest you speak to your GP or dial 111.i wad admitted to hospital when my second fever started.

• Edited

Hi I would ring 111 and get their advise we all have had symptoms you have also breathlessness as well and we all at sometime went to hospital for xrays and bloods etc and gp and 111 luckily xray was clear and stats. But we are all still suffering after 8 to 12 weeks.

• Posted

Thanks Susan. Did the neurological symptoms pass or did it return? Did it become more severe? The is so confusing. I felt better this morning and this afternoon new symptoms appeared.

• Edited

Hi the symptoms come and go you can feel abit better in morning but by 4ish your wiped out again, headaches pins and needles, blurred vision, very tired. I still get tired by evening I'm on week 11 now and puffy when walking. But the main symptoms lasted about 8 weeks tho.

• Posted

hi there i seem to be struggling with the same symptoms also on week 11 tingling that seems to be worse after being up and active starts off in my cheeks then to hands and feet, also sore throat that feels full of phglem which makes you feel like your breathing through a straw! let me know how you are getting on as it seems to be never getting better!

• Posted

Hi John

I get headache sometimes tingling a d also get sweats and feeling tired in evening, but the breathing has improved I go out walking for a hour each day and considering going to work in July fingers crossed

• Posted

thanks for the reply susan yes its quite worrying how long its lasting as only being 23 the doctors seem to brush you off abit as blood tests come back normal

• Posted

Hi John if you have any worries ring your gp or 111, have u had a chest xray? Let me know how you get on. Sue

• Posted

hi. I was curious.to know if your sore throat affected your ears and have you a tight feeling around your neck?

I'm on what I think is week 11 and at the point where I cant take it anymore.

one day it doesn't hurt and the next it does followed by a blocked nose on and off.

• Posted

hi. I was wondering if you had an update on how you've been feeling since you wrote this.

many thanks

• Posted

I am also experiencing similar symptoms.

Also, did you have loss of smell and taste?

Did it return? And how long did it take?I'm so stressed as I'm not able to smell anything (except extremely concentrated solutions) and it's messing with me.

• Posted

I remember having a bad headache and pins and needles in my hands. it's been 2 months since i had it and I'm still getting headaches in the morning and a swollen gland in my neck

• Posted

hi I was wondering if you could give an update on how you are feeling since you wrote this?

thanks

• Posted

i was tested positive 27th April had loss of taste buds and sense of smell also extreme fatigue ,Im still feeling tired and also have a ache in the tops of my legs like ive been on a hill climb,also been getting pins and needles in my hands !taste and smell has come back .Interesting to read that many others still getting symptoms long after being tested positive .

• Posted

alison did your symptoms ever go away? Did the ache in your legs go away?. Hope you’re doing OK

• Posted

hi yes finally went away and all back to normal now !thank you

• Posted

How long did it take for smell and taste to return?

I'm on day 6 and it's really stressing me out 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.