Crazy Anxiety with Covid, no appetite, no sleep. Anyone else get this?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had covid for 7 days now. The first day was severe headache and body aches, second day more of the same. Third day, sore throat, night sweats, no sleep. 4th day extremely sore throat, no sleep. and major depression and anxiety. 5th day sore throat night sweats and no sleep, tons of anxiety morning through night. and the 6th day I finally got some rest after a friend gave me some potent CBD's and then I took some Neo Citron to help me sleep. Today I woke up felling the best I have felt since it all began. but then by mid morning anxiety started to creep in again. and ton of brain fog. I now have a headache as I type this. Gaviscon has helped. it seems like the anxiety comes from the gut. I can't eat and have lost 10 pounds so far. It's quite a process to heal from this. I kept hearing about the brain fog but didn't understand what was going on until now that I have it. Does anyone else have this? The anxiety has been the worst and sleeping was very challenging because I jolt awake every time I try and sleep.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have a friend who had similar symptoms as yours from Covid. She’s doing OK now but hates the brain fog. Are you getting forgetfulness or what does it feel like for you?

she also has the anxiety but had it before Covid. Seems to have gotten a little worse since Covid. for sleep she told me that she uses white noise to relax and she falls asleep pretty fast with that. it stays on all night in case she wakes up in the middle of the night. I have to believe that many people are going through the same thing since there’s so many cases of Covid. Just try and take one day at a time and do your best. Eventually it will all be gone and you’ll be feeling a lot better. male sure you are drinking good amounts of water to flush out your system and stay hydrated. ❤

• Edited

Yes, all of the symptoms you listed are familiar to me, and I have experienced all of them as well. I was sick for about 7 days too. After the cure, I calmed down and thought it was all gone, but it's been three months and my sleep still hasn't come back to normal. Since coronavirus differs from other diseases in the scale and threat to health, it all causes what is called psychological distress. Feeling of inner unwellness, in itself, can lead to increased inner tension, anxiety, increased sleep problems, and difficulty falling asleep. Now I feel good, my sleep has normalized, it's been half a year since the disease, but after physical activity I feel tired faster than before the disease.

• Posted

Yeah, when I had covid in December, I had an absolutely similar symptoms. As the doctor later said, covid affects the central nervous system too. So, that's probably why we feel so tired and nervous. I think you should tell your doctor about these problems so that he can prescribe you drugs that act on the nervous system.

Get well soon, Rob!

• Posted

YES! All the above. Make sure to really really take care of yourself. The not sleeping is so hard.. Sleep when you can . Hope you are feeling much better now, This post is from 5 weeks ago..

• Posted

Your body has fought with a life threatening disease,so it would have worn out.Take plenty of rest. Relax yourself-go for a walk or do a mild exercise,listen to soothing music.Talk to your well wisher and express how to feel.If needed visit your doctor and take necessary medicines to overcome it.

• Posted

I am also struggling with anxiety, lack of appetite, difficulty sleeping and fatigue. The flu symptoms started a week ago but the anxiety really kicked in about 5 days ago. Trouble is now that I can't figure out if these remaining symptoms are all just anxiety related, or Covid is still having an influence. It's so tough.

It's been a few months since you first posted, are you feeling any better?

• Edited

I hope you are feeling better now, as I have been reading this post lately. I would like to suggest doing some yoga exercises as breathing exercises of Yoga, helps maintain the health of our respiratory system. Controlled breathing improves blood flow, lowers stress levels, and increases the efficiency of our lungs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.