Dexilant panic attacks & worse recovery?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm so happy I discovered this forum(sorry for my English in advance, I'm not a native speaker) I'll keep it short but I'm in need of some information

In May 2020 I took Dexilant 60mg for around 3/4 weeks upon advise of my GI. He discovered gastritis. He wanted me to be on it for 2 months but I quit after 4 weeks. This is what happened.... I became a completely different person : I'm a 34 yr old female and I developed anxiety (which I never ever experienced in my life) I was out of breath after just taking a shower and felt something was wrong. After 4 weeks I got the worse experience ever. I thought i was going to have a heart attack. My legs became weak, heart rate was through the rough and I thought that this was my end. All of this happened while being in a clinic waiting for a regular blood test. The nurses saw something was wrong and took me on the side. My BP was 165/110, heart rate 160 and my vision became bad, I couldn't breathe.... Doc there said severe anxiety attack

But I knew something was going on because I am the most laid back person ever. I directly stopped taking Dexilant cold turkey on my mother's advise. Then it started to go really bad. Heart palpitations and heart racing when doing the slightest thing, brain zaps, gasping for air in the middle of the night, body shaking, jolts when trying to fall asleep, depression feelings, crying all day, panic attacks, leg shaking, joint and muscle pain, eye pain, nausea, tight feeling around my upper stomach, explosive diarrea for a few weeks, hot and cold sweats, low heart rate, intense tremors inside my body, tingling in my legs, numbness of my arm and fingers when sleeping, numbness of 1 big toe, crazy dizziness and head / temple pressure, adrenaline rushes 24/7, heavy chest, jaw pain, red cherry dots all over my abdomen and arms,..... Been to the ER many times, all tests came back normal. Including brain mri and heart echo.

Fast forward October 2020. It took a while to get rid of a lot of the symptoms. The only ones I'm left with is: dizziness, head/temple pressure, neck pain on/off, leg tingling and sometimes a feeling of anxietyside my stomach. Haven't had a panic attack since August 15. Touch wood! Sometimes I still feel completely off for no reason, but God, not as severe as before

Anyone experienced anything similar???

How long does it take for all the symptoms/side effects to go away?

I'm positive it was from the Dexilant because it was the only new change into my diet and since I stopped a lot of the severe symptoms got less or disappeared.

Pls any advise?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.