Diamond eyes?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, hope everyone is ok in this heat!

Anyway, I've been having strange "diamond" type visual disturbances it happens just at the side of the eyes which causes my to have blurred diamond vision problems, it can last from 10mins -1hour, I can't read or watch tv properly, just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

hayley x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hayley,

its called an eye migraine and is not solely connected to Sarcoidosis. I have suffered from it and would describe as kaleidoscope vision. It's like the vision distrubance some people get with a migraine but without the head pain or sickness, thank goodness! I found paracetamol and lying down with my eyes closed helped. Di

• Posted

Hi Di,

Yes, kaleidoscope vision, thank you! I just couldn't think of the word, but that is exactly what it's like, I suffer from migraines but funnily enough I don't get it when I have a migraine! Weird hey?!

Thanks for replying darling it's something else to write down when I see my professor 

Hayley x

• Posted

Got to be honest I've not had any eye problems so I can't help. I know people with sarcoidosis sometimes get it in the eyes but that's about as far as I can go.

Morag

• Posted

Hi. I had this about a year ago when I was first referred to the eye hospital  which resulted in uveitis but it cleared up after a while with drops etc

Ironically I had a similar thing the other day where there were lots if bluet purple splodges in both eyes and my vision was really bad this was after coming in from

Direct sunlight as it appears with sarcoid there is light sensitivity

But as the others say this maybe migraine but very similar 

• Posted

Haley, do you take amitriptyline for any problems you might have?  That med causes the exact same thing (at least it did with me) you are explaining.  I got off that faster than a jack rabbit at a garden party~ geesh.  There's a few others that cause those side effects, perhaps check into that? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.