Dizziness

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have recently been diagnosed with Primary Polycythaemia Vera and have been given very little information regarding this.  I have had 2 lots of venesection so far and am feeling completely worn out and often dizzy.  I don't know if this is down to PV or the treatment.  Is there anything I can take to help with the dizziness?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have seen the haematologist today and it would seem the 'vertigo ' sort of feeling could be down to the venesection causing my iron levels to drop so they are going to stop this line of treatment and start interferon injections. Has anyone else had this?

• Posted

Hi Karen,

What is your Iron level, mine is

2014 - 52

2015 - 68

2016 - 53

range 38 to 169 ug/DL

with this Iron level I do not have dizzness.

By the way I have been a regular blood doner ( before I got PV).

Every individual has difference symptom, the doctor will provide treatment in a different manner, if you doctor prescribe interferon, go ahead....Richard Law

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.