Do I have Idiopathic intracranial hypertension?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been to a Neurologist, pulmonologist, cardiologist, endocrinologist, rheumatologist, gastroenterologist, immunologist, ENT. I am experiencing,

Head pressure that has never gone away, it is always there 24/7 for close to a year now. At the beginning of this 2020 it wasn't that noticeable but towards July and august of 2020 the pressure has been bad and sometimes debilitating. I have brain fog, and have trouble speaking and thinking and remembering things. I have occasional tinnunitis. The pressure in my head seems to have spread in my eyes and ears now. It can also keep me from sleeping. I also have bad fatigue and a feeling of muscle weakness all over my body. And even though I am now gluten free because of a celiac disease diagnosis, I am still having gastroentestinal issues. I am often light headed and dizzy. The thought of standing up is very tiring and I can often not go on walks. I can't get a job and I can't go to school at the moment.

This head pressure has started ever since July 2019 when I got diagnosed with hypothyroidism and the fatigue started then as well. However it has become strong and very noticeable since July 2020.

My trouble is I have had a brain mri, heart ultrasound, heart mri, 2 chest ct scans, chest xr, been to the ER twice, I have had abdomen ct scan, pulmonary exercise stress test, 3 ekgs, 4 covid tests, and 2 endoscopys, and there has been nothing very noticeable except an ulcer and celiac disease.

I am currently seeing a chiropractor just in case something is getting impinged and is causing CSF buildup. I am getting my neck stretched with a cervical traction machine and getting adjusted, and after 11 sessions I am seeing some improvements and I am able to occasionally and lightly workout. But I am still not doing well. After researching at Caring Medical Florida it seems that CSF buildup can happen when you have cervical instability and something is impinged.

I was wondering if anyone thinks this is idiopathic intracranial hypertension, and if it is worth getting a spinal MRi (because I have read people getting them and finding out nothing). I was also wondering if I should get a lumbar puncture(because I have read of people getting them and finding nothing even though they may have CSF buildup).

There is also a possible correlation between chronic fatigue syndrome and IIH so i may just have Chronic fatigue syndrome with IIH.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Sam.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.