Doctor not re-issuing a lost prescription

Posted , 3 users are following.

I realise that controlled drugs can sold by drug dealers etc but not everyone is so cynical.

Early this morning I had repeat prescriptions issued for tramadol, amitriptyline and zopiclone.

I was positive I'd put them in my pocket before leaving home. When I got to the pharmacist I had lost them. 

I have no more medication left and now have to go on withdrawal from these medications.

Is there anyway I can obtain a repeat prescription before the pain increases and withdrawal really sets in?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't know what country you live in and if you don't live in the u.s. I really can't tell you the rules. but here in the US they will not write you another prescription until the prescription they wrote is used up. Of course in your case that means however long that prescription you lost was written for that's how long you going to have to wait. The only thing I can suggest to you is to try CBD oil or kratom. You can buy these at head shops but rather than that I recommend you buy it online from a reputable company. Before you do that you'll want to check with your state and make sure it's legal. It used to be that CBD oil was available in every state legally and so was Kratom until states started to make these illegal at the state level. If you want more information on it send me a private email and I'll try to tell you what I know about them. If you don't want to do these or you live in a country where it's illegal... I've heard people say that they use Imodium which apparently contains an ingredient that helps with withdrawal. I don't know much about it but my son used it when he was withdrawing from opiates and I can ask him about it if you're interested in that idea. Or you can probably find out information on it online. Regardless of all it's a shame that when we lose a prescription like that that we're meant to suffer because of the drug addicts and stupid laws that senators make have made it so hard for us. I wish you all the support I can. I'll be thinking of youperiod withdrawal sucks and when you have to withdraw with pain too well I just can't imagine a worse situation.

Just had another thought, there are medications that your doctor can give you to help with withdrawal symptoms. I was given clonidine which is a blood pressure medicine but to be honest other than making me dizzy when I stood up too fast I didn't really find that it helped much. But I know there are others on the market these days all of which of course are non-narcotic. You might ask your doctor that was prescribing your opiates to you for something like that.

• Posted

Hi tedski69

These drugs are pretty strong pain management meds. Is there a reason your doc wont give you another pres ription. I imagine he is erring on the side of caution...You should ask your regular pharmacy where you get your prescriptio n to keep an eye out and check if it has been collected by someone else who may have found it...best wishes...

• Posted

Thankfully they were handed in at another local health centre who phoned my docs who contacted me.

Didn't take long for the cold sweats to start but hopefully they'll stop soon.

I'm a big hater of people being treated unjustly because of a minority.

Withdrawal from Tramadol, amitriptyline, sertraline and Zopiclone would have been very distressing.

• Posted

Yes it would have to say the least!!..there are responsible people about then....so pleased you have your meds now..be more careful in future with such important things regarding your health..my very best wishes to you..
  • Posted

I am so happy for you to read that an honest person found and turned in all of your prescriptions. Your situation reminded me of a time not that long ago when I was sick at home and just couldn't get out so my sister went to have my narcotic prescription filled. She dropped it in the parking lot and it started to blow away and somebody else stepped on it for her so she could get to it. She then went in and had it filled for me. She only told me about it when she came home with the bottle of pain pills. I cringed when she told me what happened. LOL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.