Dry mouth

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was originally on Omeprazole but GP changed me to Lansoprazole,i am waking during the night nearly choking cause my mouth is so dry,i drink plenty of water,could this be the tablets doing this.

I am also on sertraline and propranaol.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sertraline can definitely cause dry mouth. Dry mouth is listed as a side effect when using Prevacid but it is not common. Perhaps taking both could have an additive dry mouth side effect. Not sure how long you have been taking sertraline. Best of luck.
  • Posted

Ppi' said don't usually cause dry mouth. It may be one of your other meds

• Posted

Yes it's probably the meds in in them and always get a dry mouth but it gets a bit better in time I always take water to bed with me so I can sip it in the nifty and always take a bottle of water out with me

• Posted

I haven't experienced this regularly but did on just one occasion when it was very hot in the summer - got up and breathed deeply at the window and felt better - hasn't happened again. Put it down to anxiety .  I do think there are all sorts of site effects to using this drug - I'm all for modern science but am afraid we are all being left on these type of drugs for too long.  Can't comment on sertraline and propranaol as I don't know them. Good luck

• Posted

Hi

I have taken lans for ages and I would say it's not the lans but reflux at night drying out your mouth and throat. Another thing reflux can cause is sinus problems and that causes dry mouth etc.

I prefer lans than ome I used to get horrible bloating from them. But lans never had a problem really. But dizzy and sore stomach now and then that's it. Work ok! What strength you on and how long for...

I'm on for life most probs.

• Posted

How long have you been on them for now? What dosage?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.