Dull pain under right shoulder blade. Spread across sometimes

Posted , 4 users are following.

When I swallow my food I get a dull pain under my right should blade, if you saw it on a diagram it would be were the gallbladder is (maybe it's the problem) it comes and goes but is always noticeable when I swallow my food.

I tend to hiccup more too. Any suggestions

I'm 18 years old female non smoker

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Gallbladder problems can cause pain between both shoulder blades or the right shoulder blade.  Eating greasy or fatty foods can set it off and heartburn is common.  See your doctor and ask for an ultrasound to scan your gallbladder.
    • Posted

Yes Ive had the on and off pain since Friday so I'm gonna see does it go down and if it doesn't I'll make an appointment for sure.

Only downside is you'll be on a list for a ultasound. Unless they send you in threw A&E

• Posted

My NHS ultrasound appointment would have taken a month to come through. I was too anxious to wait that long so I went private.
  • Posted

Sounds like possible a digestive problem. If experience often should see your Doctor. Could be acid reflux/ heartburn. Stomach acid can destroy esophageal lining and puts you at increased risk of developing esophageal cancer later in life. Certain foods can make it worse caffeinated beverages spicy foods etc., Gallstones have some similar symptoms but can become very intense right below the breast bone and in the right side of your abdomen....amongst other symptoms.
    • Posted

That's kinda scary. Cause my doc did give me stomach acid tablets but they don't help. I mean I'm only 18
    • Posted

Not meant to scare you just to make the point that acid reflux needs to be managed...researchers have found a correlation between acid reflux that has gone on for many yrs without medical managemnt and the developmnt of esophageal cancer...doesnt mean because you have acid reflux you are getting cancer...make sure to take the medicine as prescribed...those medications dont do any good taken here and there or as needed...they dont work like that
  • Posted

Hi there, sorry this was ages ago, but did you ever find out the cause? I have it too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.