Dx with Sjogrens about 6 years ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

Now I have a new Rhuematogist that has decided that my dx was premature and possibly wrong because my ANA never supported the dx even though my eyes are extremely dry and my paratid glands stop up, swell up and hurt. He took me off plaquenil 6 weeks ago to get it out of my system so he can have a lip biopsy done.

Meanwhile ...

a 46 year old scar on my forehead has become lumpy and red, my eyes are redder and I feel out of breath and like my chest is compessed as well as my lower legs hurting. I did a little internet search and scar sarcoidosis popped up. I'm certainly not self diagnosing myself but I see plaquenil is a drug used to treat both conditions so I can't help but wonder what you all think.

Do your old scars become inflammed?

Are you out of breath feeling but do not have a cough? The chest thing makes me wonder if I need to make an appointment with my gp .. it's uncomfortable but not painful so I'm kinda waiting it out.

Anyway if you read all this I certainly appreciate your time.

Angie

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angie

Go and see your GP straight away.  Your breathlessness needs diagnosing!

Sarcoidosis can cause uveoparotid fever: sore eyes and swollen parotids. But every sarcoidosis seems to be different. It can be very tricky to diagnose autoimmune conditions, and if the clinical picture isn’t typical then a biopsy usually helps to confirm or refute. 

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon

Newton 

• Posted

Thank you Newton. Sometimes it's just nice to know someone is listening. I reckon that's one of the best things about forums like these. Yes .. I will see my gp soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.